Downtown DC’s newest Marquee Event Venue
Venue General Manager “The Schuyler”
We are looking for a General Manager for our brand new banquet space at the Hamilton called "The Schuyler". The space will consist of over 15,000 sf. – a grand event hall, plenty of breakout rooms, a fully equipped on-site kitchen, state of the art WIFI/technology capabilities, and millions of dollars in “bells and whistles”. This position comes with a competitive base salary, full benefits and an opportunity to be a part of DC newest gem.
The Schuyler General Manager will to help us oversee and execute our catered events in the Schuyler event space. This position will train, and supervise the front-of-house staff for these events, ensuring a high standard of customer service. You will create floor diagrams to ensure that tables, chairs, and any other items outlined in the contract are available. In addition to overseeing the staff members and the preparation of the event space, you will coordinate with our Executive Sous Chef and Conference Services Managers to ensure the banquet menu and set up follows client specifications. As the primary contact for clients, you will also process deposits and other payments. Applicants must have experience in catering or hospitality.
- Supervise and direct the FOH staff (both internal and external) for catered events. Assist and direct caterers and outside contractors when needed.
- Prepare and follow floor diagrams to indicate the placement of tables, decorations, and other equipment for each event
- Serve as the contact for customers during the event, processing deposits and other payments
- Order non-food items and coordinate with the banquet chef to ensure proper execution of the menu
- Work with the sales director to market our facilities
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings as it relates to Schuyler Event Sales.
- Participate in regularly held meetings with the Sales and Operations teams.
- Process and complete payroll.
- Experience working in an independent event venue preferred.
- Experience working in a hotel environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous catering/event experienced necessary.
Commitment to embodying our Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
Benefits We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with ample growth opportunities for advancement. As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Health (choice of Cigna or Kaiser), Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having a healthy work-life balance. Including Sick, Vacation and Holiday Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance and additional optional Life Insurance
- Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match to help you invest in your future the way you want to
- Being a part of a historic and hard-working team in the heart of Downtown DC!