California Restaurant Association is Looking for an Outstanding Member Relationship Manager
Job Title: Member Relationship Manager
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly; Full or part-time position
Salary Range: $20 - $25 per hour, plus 5% commission on renewed memberships.
Office Location: CRA Headquarters, Sacramento, CA
Benefits: Working 30+ hours or more a week CRA offers an excellent health benefits package. Other benefits include flex spending, PTO, 401(k).
We are looking for an experienced member (customer) relationship manager to be responsible for engaging with California Restaurant Association members and building supportive, trusting relationships. The Member Relationship Manager will be the point of contact for select new members, guiding them through the benefits of membership and helping the member get the most from their investment. The Member Relationship Manager will also be responsible for outreach to existing CRA members approaching renewal and those whose memberships have lapsed with the goal of reeducating them on the benefits of membership and ultimately retaining the member.
A successful Member Relationship Manager will be professional in demeanor and possess excellent communication skills. The Member Relationship Manager will work closely with the Member Development Manager (membership sales manager) to ensure that there is a consistent level of care given to the selected members. This can be a full-time or part-time position (30 hours per week) with a base salary and commissions structure. This position is based in Sacramento and reports to the Vice President of Membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Conducting outreach to select new members of the CRA to educate them on the resources and benefits associated with membership and working with them to identify ways for them to get the most from their membership investment.
- Conduct service calls to CRA members in the first three years of membership to ensure the member is satisfied and intends to continue membership with the CRA.
- Track renewals for those in the first three years of membership on weekly basis.
- Conduct outreach calls and emails to members who are past due on their investment with the CRA and encourage them to continue their membership.
- Ensure maximum member satisfaction by finding strategic and analytical solutions to issues or complaints.
- Forwarding inquiries from non-members to the appropriate Member Development Managers as a lead in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and current record of all contact with members and prospective members in the CRA database.
- Required to strengthen member base by maintaining rapport with prospective members, existing members, and all CRA staff through telephone, written, and personal contact.
- Responsible for the data entry of member information into the CRA database.
- Updates Membership lists and reports as needed.
- Assists with Membership collateral as directed.
- Adhere to all CRA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all other assignments as defined by the Vice President of Membership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is a must. The CRA also utilizes the Atlas Association Management System, Asana project planning, and Microsoft Teams. Knowledge of these systems would be helpful.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires excellent communication and customer service skills and exceptional follow-through. Work experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry, event planning, or government affairs is a plus. Associates degree or higher preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence. Ability to communicate professionally with members. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to members, prospective members, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent administrative, computer, organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills. Be a team player and show a commitment to excellence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
California Restaurant Association has an organizational commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we welcome all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, national origin, medical condition, U.S. veteran/military status, pregnancy, or reasonable accommodation.