Are you a driven, independent, self-starter who constantly strives to be number one and has a stimulating impact on everyone you meet?
If so we need to talk to you. Pella Corporation, a growing company is now looking for a Residential Sales Consultant for the Baton Rouge area. We need a confident, outgoing Residential Sales Consultant who is self-disciplined and thrives on a challenge. We provide independence and an exciting, fast-paced, and fun work environment. We look for you to provide a competitive drive, an outgoing nature, and the will to be the best Residential Sales Consultant in the industry.
Pella Windows & Doors offers:
- Uncapped commission-based compensation plan
- No cold calling!
- Home-based office
- Smartphone, laptop computer and product samples
- Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and 401K
- Quality engineered product solutions that are unmatched in the Window and Door industry
- Excellent Training programs and career development opportunities
- The reputation of the Pella Brand
Residential Sales Consultant job expectations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieve sales goals by following Pella’s in-home selling process when conducting consultations
- Own the full sales process by:
- Assessing customer needs
- Demonstrating product options and application to determine the right fit for the customer
- Conducting accurate on-site measuring and quoting
- Capturing the sale and providing a delivery schedule
- Following up after product installation
- Gain new business through networking and referrals
- Utilize electronic systems and software to quote products and manage customer interactions
- Continue to strive for 100% “Very Satisfied” customers
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An Individual’s motor vehicle record must also comply with company requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
BS/BA, AA or Technical degree preferred, 2-4 year’s sales, customer service, or general business experience preferred. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable.
Proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software applications. Will be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PDQ, POETS, OMS, etc.). Ability to compile and decipher information in spreadsheet format.
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good public relations and customer service skills. Ability to read, interpret, understand, and explain documents such as sales processes, product specifications, or warranty manuals. Ability to effectively present information to others, gather information from others and respond appropriately to questions from customers, coworkers, and managers. Must display excellent phone and email etiquette. Must be able to present an appropriate attitude for the situation when interacting with customers or coworkers.
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion. Attention to detail is required. Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. Must be able to develop trust and confidence in customers, coworkers, and managers. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance. Must be able to investigate issues and resolve conflict in the best interests of the business and our customers.
Ability to subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurement, etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, geometry, and general business math.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The time commitment required of this position will vary with the seasons and will frequently require more than forty hours per week.
A work environment with this job includes the typical office environment and frequent visits to construction job sites or customer homes. The noise level of this job is typically moderate.
All ales Consultants must have and maintain home internet access. All Sales Consultants must have their own, fully insured, and functional automobile.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- In Home Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations