Kaman Automation has a vacancy for a self-motivated and experienced Inside Industrial Sales (Customer Service Rep) Professional to join our team in Phoenix, AZ.
Our Customer Service Representatives work in partnership with our outside sales, purchasing team, and suppliers to grow our business with existing customers, develop and gain new customers and meet/exceed our monthly sales goals. Customer Services Representatives are challenged to continuously work to increase customer satisfaction.
Kaman Automation, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is comprised of Minarik, Zeller, and G.C. Fabrication, is a leading provider of motion control, automation products, systems and solutions to original equipment manufacturers, industrial production plants, and infrastructure facilities throughout North America. We are committed to helping our customers achieve high performance by providing quality and state-of-the-art products with the technical support to back them. Our people are the foundation of our success and we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
Serve as Inside Sales support, responsible for managing customer calls regarding orders, returns, requests, quotes, price and availability
- Process invoices, enter orders, and confirm orders via fax, email or phone
- Ensure accurate daily shipment processing, product scheduling, and shipment confirmations
- Investigate and respond to customers’ requests concerning stock availability, order expediting, pricing, special items, as well as preferred carriers, special packaging and shipping criteria
- Establish and maintain cordial customer relations through telephone contact and email
- Interact with various departments, such as Supply Chain Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, Marketing, and Logistics, to ensure that all customer requirements are met
- Communicate leads and sales potential to outside sales force
- Monitor and research service level reports (i.e. turn-around time and fill rates)
- Maintain pricing agreements for each customer assigned
- Use probing skills to successfully increase order through upsell and quantity breaks opportunities
- Publish daily and monthly department reports
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree in business or a related curriculum preferred
- Minimum of 3 years successful customer service experience handling customers’ inquiries, requests, complaints, solving problems and delivering effective solutions preferably in a technical industry
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Prior experience using ERP system preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Technical capacity
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle large volume of inbound calls
- Ability to maintain service levels
- Able to work in a team environment
- Customer/Client Focus
- Standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time
- Use of hands and arms to touch, lift, reach, etc.
- Ability to lift packages, boxes, files, and open filing cabinets and storage areas
- Talking and hearing
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Benefits and Company Overview:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement