Silicon Valley is where personal ideas become global businesses. How about working for one of the most creative forces in tech and telling the stories of the people defining your generation?
WHO WE ARE
VSC is a band of strategists, storytellers and data nerds obsessed with helping Davids crush a sea of Goliaths, through unfair amounts of awareness. We customize a mix of public relations, content marketing, and multimedia to accelerate brands into vertical market leaders.
Our energy is that of a startup, albeit one that’s done it for 18 years and helped 450+ startups achieve over $50bn in exits and IPOs.
VSC is at the center of the stories that change the way we live, move, work, and play.
Our client experience includes brands such as Tile, Tonal, Pax, Molekule, Poshmark, Helium Blockchain, Sequoia Capital, Softbank Capital, Ford, Clearbanc, Truecaller, Signalfire, and hundreds more.
This is just a taste of our work in 2020.
Whether it's empowering millions of women to become their own fashion entrepreneurs at Poshmark; working with a Nobel-Prize winner at Mammoth Biosciences developing CRISPR-based tests for COVID-19; launching the first autonomous cargo-plane, Xwing, that delivers PPE supplies to the Navajo Nation, or working with Stacey Abrams to help small business get paid faster with NowCorp, we’re the storytelling engine.
WHO YOU ARE
- A freestyler - you win friends and influence people with your on-the-spot ideas, clarity, brevity, and humor
- A critical thinker - you question everything and can remix insights across what you read, hear, and see
- A killer writer - show us your blog posts and prove it
- A design maven – you know how to whip up something stunning in video, HTML, InDesign, and Photoshop
- A leader - you show up early, roll up your sleeves, and dive into whatever the day holds
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- <1 year of relevant work experience or internships
- Clear passion for technology
- Great attention to detail and ability to understand and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and exceptional project and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and familiarity with AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
QUALITIES THAT DISTINGUISH YOU FROM THE PACK
- You are a constant learner and desire to be an expert in all your endeavors
- You thrive off building relationships and collaborating with people who have different skill sets
- You like when expectations are set so you can surpass them
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
The academic program provides a deep dive into the foundation of building communications strategies for emerging tech companies. You’ll learn how to write for business, the basics of media relations, how to brainstorm creative campaigns, and the ins and outs of the startup and VC world.
Beyond that, you will learn how to deepen your ideas; you will learn how to communicate with substance and style; you will work better with a team than without one; and your voice will be heard.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
VSC understands that extraordinary people don't take ordinary jobs.
You'll work alongside people who have won more than 100 awards for breakthrough PR campaigns. Among your teammates are musicians, writers, spoken word artists, athletes, illusionists, rappers, gamers, and other creatives who work hard and celebrate each win, no matter how big or small.
Together, VSC has accrued decades of experience by working in the trenches with more than 400 businesses and startups to innovate their communications strategies in new ways. That's because we champion the obsessives, the geeks, the contrarians, and the idealists, and we embrace diversity in thought and practice.
- Our CEO Vijay Chattha is one of the only South Asian American Communications Agency CEOs in the U.S. and was recently named Top 25 innovators in North America.
- 45% of our team identify as people of color /30% female founder clients / 35% companies have people of color in founding team
- We co-founded WorldWithoutCovid.org, the first registry to match people with trials for tests and therapies.
- We co-founded the The100KPledge - a social contract for economic justice in Black communities
BE A POWERHOUSE IN YOUR PAJAMAS
We’re remote-first (and look forward to the day when we invite everyone to visit our offices in the heart of San Francisco and Brooklyn). Until then, we keep connected with themed celebrations, all-hands meetings, and entrepreneur freestyles. If you want access to the forefront of technology and design with a solid workplace to stay grounded, VSC is the place for you.