Wyndham Garden Tallahassee is looking to hire a Director of Sales (DOS)
Develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel to ensure that revenue and room night sales goals are achieved; revenue, sales and marketing strategies are set; tactical plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the sales team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Create, train, and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guests’ satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
- Create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase local food and beverage and banquet sales, and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows, to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel. In coordination with General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the corporate Public Relations Department if necessary.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments, hotel Executive Committee, and corporate/regional sales group.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, private clubs, community groups, local media)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, and 2 – 4 years total experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting, with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous Hotel DOS experience.
- Knowledge of the Tallahassee market.
- Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Tallahassee, FL 32301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Hotel Director of Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Tallahassee Market: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location