G Adventures is the world’s largest small group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travellers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role:
The Private Groups Travel Consultant is energetic, highly motivated, detail obsessed and results driven. You are accountable for all aspects of booking private groups and tailor made travel for direct customers and travel agents. This role is aggressive in driving sales and service, creating Private Groups and Tailor Made experiences, that change peoples lives.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Design private group and tailor made itineraries in consultation with direct travellers and travel agents
- Manage all fulfillment and financial aspects of booking according to company guidelines
- Maximize conversions by following up on enquiries, quotes and pending bookings in established timeframe
- Ensure all booking details are complete and accurate in accordance with company and department guidelines
- Communicate and advocate product and price value in support of successful conversions
- Track Private Group and Tailor Made sales against agreed targets
- Meet or exceed established G Adventures service standards
- Demonstrate competency of destination knowledge
- Identify opportunities and work with the GPS team and agency partners to capitalize on Private Group and Tailor Made targets
- Achieve high level of client service at all stages of the process to encourage repeat business.
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate booking processes, pricing and sales
- Make recommendations for process, procedure and technology improvements
- 2+ years of private group and tailor made travel industry experience
- 2+ years of customer service and support experience
- Exceptional selling and customer service skills
- Motivated to achieve sales targets and other key performance indicators
- Intimate geographic, destination, cultural and world geography knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on telephone sales
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills required and the ability to quickly master new technologies
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and excellent inter-personal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to make decisions
- Travel and tourism degree or similar
- GDS and reservations systems experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Salesforce
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations. If you require accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].