UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sales Account Executive for UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual, you will be responsible for broker / consultant and direct sales to customers in the 51-99 employee range. The principle focus is the sale of new fully insured business with indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts in the Viriginia and West Virginia markets.
- Identifies potential healthcare business customers
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attains targeted sales goals for region and health plan
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- Leads cross-functional team to achieve positive sales results
- Identifies opportunities for ancillary / Enterprise products on all new sales
- Travel as required
- Develops and maintains strong broker / consultant relationships
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships
- Understand customer and broker / consultant needs and provide value-added consultation
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development
- Presents a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Effectively communicate UHG / UHC strategies and mission to the marketplace
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated equivalency of education and experience
- 3+ years of sales experience in the health insurance industry
- 3+ years of experience using consultative skills working with brokers and consultants
- 3+ years of experience obtaining and exceeding sales goals
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining positive, constructive working relationships with senior level executives both internally and externally
- 3+ years of experience managing the sales process for a full range of products to include Medical and Ancillary
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- Willingness to travel
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Small Business, Account Executive, small business, account manager, sales, executive, benefits, Waltham, MA, Massachusetts