Actionstep is one of the fastest growing cloud SaaS Legal Tech platforms in the market, providing essential practice management tools to thousands of law firms all over the world.
Our first value is Walking in Our Customers' Shoes – this means our customer facing and support function is critical to our business’ success.
We are looking for amazing support specialists that not only excel in this role but also help to shape the culture of our company and build its already well-established customer service reputation and brand. We compensate above market to attract the future leaders (YOU) of Actionstep.
You will be at the coalface of customer communications and your success will be largely determined by your ability to interpret and decipher challenging inquiries across a number of domains such as accounting, permissions, and workflow. You will liaise with key internal stakeholders to resourcefully pull together complex solutions and then communicate those solutions in easily comprehensible, highly professional ways to an extremely busy clientele that primarily consists of law firms. There will always be high demand for the attention of the Support Team so you will need to be disciplined in the way that you prioritise issues and ensure that you escalate them in a timely fashion, where necessary.
You will learn the ropes quickly and a proven track record in this role will position you well for a wider career in customer support, customer success or partner success. We also see Support Specialists find their way to our Product Management function. This is a unique opportunity to acquire vital foundational experience leading to many open doors.
- Walk in our Customers’ Shoes – We have passion and empathy for our customers – their business is our business
- Do it Right – Don’t cut corners, prioritise impact, take others with you and be proud of what you do
- One Team, Our Community – We are in this together as a team and gamechangers in our wider legal tech community
- Dare to be Different – Being the same as the others won’t cut it, we will find new and creative ways to make an impact
- Step up & Take it on – We don’t assume someone else has it – we confirm, lead, and collaborate to a great outcome
- 2+ years in a technical support role in a SaaS environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in easily comprehensible, intuitive ways
- Professional conversation manner and proven methodology towards diffusing customers and escalating issues
- Ability to discern impact of issues on customers' businesses and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to meticulously diagnose, replicate and report on challenging technical issues
Things that will give you a head start in the role:
- Accounting / trust accounting knowledge
- Exposure to the legal industry (working with lawyers and law firms)
- Experience in writing technical documentation
- Experience working with Zendesk, Zoom, Azure DevOps, Confluence & Microsoft Teams
What you will be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Engaging with customers through phone, email, and chat to provide solutions to knowledge queries and capture information about technical issues
- Liaising with our engineering team to resolve issues and communicate outcomes to customers in intuitive ways
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation on processes to support internal stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining customer-facing documentation on product usage
- Flexible working.
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Free fruit in the office daily.
- Friday afternoon socials and frequent team-building events.
- Outstanding offices in great locations being close to the Viaduct, Britomart, Commercial Bay, and the city centre.
- Relaxed and friendly team who genuinely care about each other
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.