If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR SALES CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a " BDM ", you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your sales career. Even moving into 2021, Ryder continues to move the transportation industry forward. As an innovative outsourced solutions provider, we enable commerce to flow reliably, efficiently, and safely. How?
Top Technology Provider for Food & Beverage Supply Chain
Top Third Party Logistics (3PL) Provider to the Retail Industry
Largest Electric Truck Footprint in the US
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will have responsibility for developing new customer business within their assigned sales territory. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to educate and develop the prospects' value perception of Ryder's services by using the Ryder Sales Process. This is accomplished by developing sales plans, analyzing profitability of prospects and fully understanding the competitive influences and risks with each account. To be clear, this is a straight hunter role and we need someone hungry to hunt.
The position requires ground travel and includes salary, a car allowance, company cell phone, and excellent monthly commission potential. Some travel may apply for training. We also offer a full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Sales Territory- Indianapolis proper
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named a “ Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation ” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “ World’s Most Admired Companies ,” one of “ America’s Most Responsible Companies ” by Newsweek.
#FB #INDexempt #LI-post
- Develop pre-sales strategy for the target accounts. Develop a sales activity pipeline sufficient to meet and exceed required quota revenues. Respond pro-actively to leads furnished. Represent full spectrum of Ryder services. Work with ARs and CDMs to transition accounts and increase sales opportunities as required. Work with National Sales to develop and/or assist in generating sales opportunities within assigned territory. Ensure that new customer orientation is completed. Work with DSDs to develop DCC opportunities
- Identify prospect needs/requirements and value components through quality needs assessment and value-based proposal preparation. Develop account selling strategies on a continual basis to improve effectiveness. Familiarize GMs & CDMs with sales in progress and their potential impact on their areas of responsibility. Contribute to an effective transition of accounts sold. Administrative functions necessary to support account.
- Report sales activity to management. Sales protocol and SOM compliance activities. Create supportive working relationships with CBUs. Leverage all resources to expand new opportunities, i.e., MDS, Safety, Finance, etc. Develop account profile information on all prospect solicitations.
- Training and improvement of sales skills, industry knowledge and personal growth needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Business and/or Finance and Accounting or equivalent field
- Five (5) years or more demonstrated consecutive sales excellence (quota achievement) in prior sales responsibilities required
Job CategoryOutside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.