Field Service Technician (Saginaw, MI)
ShawnTech has an immediate need for a Field Service Technician that will service client locations in Saginaw, MI and surrounding areas. This position may provide relocation assistance to the right candidate that meets the minimum qualifications. ShawnTech will also consider Individual Independent Contractors for a one (1) year contract. For immediate consideration, please review the job description below and apply.
This position requires a trustworthy and versatile technical individual with a background in telecommunications, computer systems, general repair, maintenance, and system support. This position will provide customer service relative to inmate technologies to include phones, video visitation systems, and other telecom repairs as well as be responsible for data entry as required. Preferred experience includes telecom wiring, computer maintenance & repair, general mechanical aptitude, and software applications. The individual must be able to work on their own within correctional facilities across the State of Kansas while interacting with customers, employees, and partners daily. The incumbent will maintain a high level of ongoing effective communication with correctional facility personnel to assure quality customer service is being provided to all customers and issues are being resolved in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting, correcting, and servicing issues with inmate technology systems.
- Maintain, repair, and operate the onsite telecommunications hardware, networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and wiring at all assigned correctional facilities.
- Addressing basic telephone repair and maintenance needs of the facility
- Meeting all service requirements as set forth by the customer contract.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with the facility personnel and customer contacts. Interfacing with all correctional personnel, various vendors, and contractors to resolve all onsite technical problems.
- Monitoring time and controlling service-related expenses
- Delivering services in a timely and effective manner to ensure optimal system performance resulting in highly satisfied customers.
- Provide onsite instruction and training for site personnel, as necessary.
- Safely drive company or personal vehicle to various facilities throughout the assigned state.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in telecommunications – including installation, repair, and troubleshooting of various inmate communication systems (inmate telephones, video visitation systems, TTY or VRS Units, and Wi-Fi/Access Points)
- 2 years of experience with computer / network installation and repair. Knowledge of VLAN, advanced knowledge of network configurations, telecom and VOIP a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED. Some college courses preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Daily travel throughout assigned geographical area – overnight travel possible.
- Must be able to consistently pass criminal background screens.
This position will require daily and/or weekly contact with the Account Manager or the Director of Operations to review account performance. The incumbent will be expected to follow all guidelines set forth by the company and the correctional facilities.
Supporting Competencies/Preferred Skills
- Previous Inmate Telecom experience highly preferred
- Experience with wireless networking and cabling
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable, testing, splicing, and provisioning.
- Basic understanding of network and bandwidth capabilities of services offered.
ShawnTech Communications, Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $44,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to pass a thorough background screen that is clear of misdemeanors and felonies?
- Relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
- Multiple locations