Working independently and as part of a software implementation team, you deliver high-quality software implementations to hospital laboratories and clinics and reference labs. You work directly with clients through email and phone communications to understand the impacts of the software and its customizations. You are expected to stay on top of changing technology in regard to newly developed Sunquest software and supported third-party software. This position works with the clients to identify their interoperability requirements based on client needs, workflow designs, interface templates and standard methodologies, resulting in a complete specification and implementation.
Individuals in this position will thrive as a member of an intense, high-performing team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is important. You will be rewarded by making a meaningful contribution to the ever-changing and growing world of molecular science.
- Consults with clients on integration and interoperability needs between the molecular LIMS system and existing IT systems within the scope of the project.
- Develop LIMS specifications and workflow requirements needed to interface with clients, third party vendors and government agencies
- Effectively organize and prioritize project tasks with team members to ensure timely completion of projects assigned.
- Ability to utilize common front-end languages (i.e., HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc.) and some scripting languages (i.e. Python to implement and support the molecular product
- Capable of translating client specifications in the design of patient reports, dashboards and ad hoc statistical reporting
- Ability to utilize APIs for label printing and ad hoc reporting
- Expertise in maintaining a stable environment through problem solving and troubleshooting skills specific to database configuration and user interface of the LIMS application (remotely), ensuring that projects are properly implemented per Sunquest best practice.
- Analyze and understand urgent or critical problems, escalating to peers and/or management as necessary.
- Provide mentorship and makes specific recommendations to clients-based needs and errors found during testing phase
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills needed to be successful
- Comfortable with integrating new technology into an existing business environment
- Ability to apply analysis, data mapping, and solve problems
- Knowledge of molecular data workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to learn front end languages and scripting languages
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, healthcare or related degree
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a healthcare and/or IT/software environment.1-year experience working with healthcare information systems
- 1 year experience with mark-up languages
- 1 year experience with HL7 interfaces
- 1 year experience with SQL
Preferred Experience & Education
- Scripting languages (eg Python )
- Prior experience in molecular laboratory
- Prior experience with Data Analytics Tools or applications (ie: Tableau )
- Prior experience with web development or development methodologies
Perks of working for Sunquest
From our business casual dress policy, generous PTO plan and flexible work schedules, to our mission driven organization that supports those who support healthcare organizations, Sunquest promotes work-life balance for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training and development, encourage promotion from within and encourage cross-functional team participation. These ideals together foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employee.
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- 20% Travel may be required
- Moderate lifting/carrying 15-44 lbs.; use of fingers; walking/standing 2-6 hours
- Exposure to hazardous materials or various weather conditions
- Travel to client sites that can pose risk associated with healthcare organization
- May be required to follow customer location health and safety requirements
Sunquest’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Sunquest Information systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This job description is meant to provide an accurate depiction of tasks and accountabilities that are most often associated with this role. While we strive to provide an accurate depiction, nothing in this description restricts the company from changing, reassigning, expanding or reducing scope of accountabilities and is subject to change at any time.
Keywords: Business Analyst, Process Engineer, Technical Engineer, data mining, molecular
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
- Bachelors or better in Health Studies or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)