ATLS Solar is looking for an Area Sales Manager.
ATLS Solar seeks to bring the environmental and financial benefits of the renewable energy industry to the Rio Grande Valley. With our leadership team having more years in the industry than most companies have been in business ATLS Solar seeks to become a dominant presence in South Texas with aggressive plans to expand throughout Texas. Our goal is to provide the absolute best customer experience while offering the most competitive products in the market. What you’ll find different about ATLS Solar is that our team of solar experts will use a consultative approach with each family’s needs instead of the used car salesman approach.
Solar is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country, with the federal and state funding backing the green energy initiative. Our mission is to provide homeowners with freedom from their electric bill while positively impacting the environment for decades to come.
The Area Sales Manager is a sales leadership position. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for organizing, motivating and leading a team of Solar Energy Advisors. The Area Sales Manager is accountable for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that everyone within their team reaches their monthly and annual targets. The candidate will have a proven track record of leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, hiring and firing), as well as direct sales experience to manage all aspects of the territory. The Incumbent must have the ability to train and evaluate sales consultant’s abilities while focusing on achieving office goals, articulate ATLS Solar’s value proposition, manage and track opportunities through the sales pipeline, and demonstrate highly accurate forecasting ability while mentoring existing sales consultants on improving pipeline forecasting and ultimately increase revenue in their territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being primarily a leadership position the core competence of a successful Area Sales Manager is their ability to manage, motivate, and mentor a team of sales consultants to move opportunities through the entire sales process and close sales.
- Ensure that sales consultants are working effectively to maximize lead conversion and lead closure rates in their assigned territories, as well as managing to meet or exceed individual quotas.
- Ensure the highest level of attention is being paid to lead conversion rates. Using reports and regular meetings to manage and track the process of converting leads from prospects to signed contracts.
- Work with consultants and CEO to manage and analyze both individual sales Pipelines and district Pipelines from beginning to end of sales cycle.
- Ensure that all team members maintain professionalism and proper etiquette through all forms of communication.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
- Assist the Residential Solar Consultants in closing business at customer sites when needed.
- Ability to handle all escalated pertinent customer concerns/issues with all necessary internal departments and stakeholders. These departments include Operations, Engineering, and Finance. Always to work as a team with internal departments.
- Provide accurate information both upwards to the CEO and downwards to Solar Sales Consultants.
- Personal performance will be evaluated on a monthly basis to ensure goals are being met by manager and energy consultant’s.
- Co-create measurable and achievable monthly objectives to address new business development, sales targets, managing existing business, and when necessary corporate objectives with the CEO.
- Ownership of district customer relations issues, both in a proactive and reactive capacity.
- Assist CEO in establishing, maintaining and communicating up-to-date customer requirements and competitive analysis for their region.
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of solar electric market conditions, rebate and tax incentives, and electric utility rate schedules.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with Direct Sales experience preferably in outside sales or solar sales. Special considerations for those who have Door to Door experience in the following industries: Pest Control, Satellite, Retail Energy, Roofing, or Security/Home Automation.
- Minimum 2 years of management-level sales experience with a strong working knowledge of the Residential Solar Market and sales “best practices”.
- An individual with a lead from the front mentality who enjoys setting high standards and constantly looks for personal and team improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high attention to detail and accuracy in forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual sales for their market.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to build world-class sales and support organization.
- Has managed outside sales personnel.
- Has been a sales manager in a growth technology or high-end construction industry, preferably the solar photovoltaic integrator industry.
- Has developed and executed tactical sales plans.
- Has a proven ability to transfer sales skills and knowledge to sales professionals under their direct management.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower sales employees to achieve objectives with a strong “team” focus and approach.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package designed to reward you for your hard work and performance. Our benefits include competitive base pay, top commissions, and monthly bonuses plus benefits.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
* Valid driver’s license.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We perform criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks and drug screening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ATLS Solar is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Pay: $6,000.00 - $15,000.00 per month
- Monday to Friday
- Door to Door Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Direct Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- McAllen, TX (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- What would make you stand out from the other applicants?
- Multiple locations
- Key Leader