One of the hottest battlegrounds in the public cloud isn’t happening in the cloud at all. Rather, it’s playing out in the real world, where the public cloud is being extended to locations such as factory floors, hospitals, retail stores and autonomous vehicles. This frontier is known as the edge, and Azure is the industry leader in edge computing with a wide range of offerings, covering everything from microcontrollers and IoT devices to edge appliances and private clouds. The Azure Stack Edge group develops the products that are central to this strategy, including Data Box, Azure Stack Edge, Azure Stack Hub, and more. A critical part of client satisfaction for these devices are the cloud services that allow them to order, maintain and coordinate these devices and smooth implementations of the devices onsite. That’s where our team comes in.
The Azure Stack Edge team is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect with proven track record in service excellence who can partner effectively with multi-functional teams to drive reliability, scalability, and client satisfaction.
- Have an unwavering passion for meeting customer requirements and delivering reliable services with a 24/7/365 availability
- Enjoy new challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
- Be excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- Be a smart, highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Be a strong team player with the ability to form partnerships across teams
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
- Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them
- Coordinate preparation and execution of customer demos, taking into account customer scenarios and operating environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Program Manager or Solution Architect developing customer-facing processes and solutions, preferably at cloud-scale
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong technical problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Experience collaborating with/driving projects across large teams
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple stakeholders and business teams to achieve business goals
- Ability to travel 0-25% of the time
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.