Are you a believer in technology at its finest? Do you enjoy providing technical support in a sales environment? If so, then you could be our next Solutions Engineer!
The Sales Engineer will work closely with the Milestone Sales team in a pre-sales capacity to position solutions involving Milestone’s products and services to prospective customers. This entails technical analysis and consultation to ensure Milestone’s features and the technical design of the solution will adequately solve the customer’s challenges. The Solutions Engineer must be able to articulate and demonstrate technically complex solutions in a manner that is easily understood by a variety of audiences.
It is the responsibility of the Solutions Engineer to support all technical aspects of a project throughout the entire sales process. Product presentations and support provided through conference calls and on-site meetings are an important aspect of the function. Supporting some post sales aspects of projects as it relates to the more intricate details of the solutions configuration may also be required.
The preferred candidate for this position will be located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
As a Milestone Employee, YOU are the key to our success. Come join our dynamic international team and be a part of our rapidly growing, successful business.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Milestone’s products
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of products provided by the Open Platform Community including software and hardware solutions
- Define product functional requirements based on customer needs and document specific configuration requirements
- Conduct detailed and technical product demonstrations and presentations
- Implement pilot and proof of concept installations
- Provide technical sales support in meetings and on conference calls
- Support technical responses to RFP’s
- Service and support field sales teams demo kits
- Support trade shows and exhibitions assisting in equipment setup/teardown, conducting demonstrations and engaging in solutions-oriented discussions
- Develop strong relationships with Milestone customers
- Work with Milestone Technical Support during transition from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Provide technical feedback to the Milestone product group
- Travel approximately 25% of the time
- Other duties as needed
To be successful in this role, you will need customer facing experience in IT or physical security. You will also need to demonstrate a strong technical foundation, either through education or IT certifications such as MCSE, VCP, or CCNA. You will also utilize the following skills on a regular basis:
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit a customer centric focus
- Possess curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of server, storage and networking hardware and configuration principles
- Experience with PC configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement
- Solution selling experience and/or training a plus
Ranked on the “100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon”, Milestone not only offers great benefits but also great culture. Employees here have flexible work environments, opportunities for further education, and the ability to directly effect change in our Organization. Additionally, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes medical/dental benefits, FSA, 401k with employer match, paid parental leave, generous vacation, paid sick time, and Life Insurance.
Milestone is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your new team
This position will join our high performing Presales Team and reports to the Solutions Engineering Manager for your territory.
Contact and application
Please apply at our website. www.milestonesys.com
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact Emily Noneman, HR Generalist at [email protected]
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Help us make the world see
When joining Milestone, you will become part of one the world’s leading providers of video management software. Since starting up in Denmark in 1998 our team has grown to include nearly 1,000 employees based in 25 countries. Today, our solutions are used in 500,000+ installations worldwide – with many more to come.
We believe that in addition to our strong and exiting technology, our success is also based on our dedication to putting people first – both the people we work with and the people around us. It’s how we grow our culture, our business and our community. Because at Milestone, we grow together. Ready to elevate your career with an amazing team? Join Milestone. If you are curious to know more about who we are, we suggest you visit http://milestonesys.com/career