The primary role of the Parking Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by serving as a trusted advisor, networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest. Serve as a market expert and particularly within the Houston territory to persuade and convince potential clients to do business with ABM Parking. In addition, the Parking BDM grows and retains existing accounts by presenting new solutions (technical & marketing) and services to clients.
The Parking BDM will work with mid and senior level operations management, marketing, and technical staff. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description. The Parking BDM’s responsibility is to develop a pipeline of new business coming into ABM. A thorough knowledge of the market, parking industry trends, and the ABM solutions and services is essential to success.
The Parking Business Development Manager’s main responsibilities include:
- New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings with client decision makers
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that meet clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing solutions and services.
- Handle objections by creating a win-win, by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Management and Research
- Participate in local trade organizations
- Submit progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Use CRM to track and record sales activity, ensure data is entered accurately, and use the data and forecasting to inform sales performance and close deals.
- Forecast sales quota targets and ensure sales goals are met.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be established in Parking Industry within the Houston Metro Area with a willingness to live within the territory.
- Detailed understanding of the overall parking industry and marketplace including trends.
- Degreed – Management or Business preferred; or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience and expertise in Parking Sales or Management.
- Trade group participation: BOMA, IREM, IFMA, IPMA, Chamber of Commerce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in Parking Sales/Operations.
- Proposal writing, RFPs, bid walk experience preferred
- Significant parking sales or operations accomplishments
- Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Dynamic presentation and negotiation skills