HistoWiz is the largest online histopathology company based in New York City. Our mission is to help biomedical researchers find cures by accelerating histopathology and enabling global collaboration. We are seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as an Account Manager to bring superior service and cutting-edge technologies to biomedical researchers and doctors around the world.
Since inception in 2013, we have doubled our month-over-month sales, driven primarily by customer referrals. We are profitable, won numerous awards and are funded by prestigious investors, including Y-Combinator and Zhenfund. We are seasoned scientists with experience at leading academic institutions and have published high impact research in top journals of biomedicine.
HistoWiz has over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, HHMI) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). We process tissue specimens and digitize all of the results, hosting our client’s data on a proprietary platform, PathologyMapTM . This platform not only enables industry-leading turnaround time for diagnosis, but also online viewing, sharing and search. No other platform like this exists, so we are truly building something new that can bridge scientists, doctors, and patients from all over the world to conquer life-threatening diseases collaboratively instead of individually.
We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Above all, we look to foster strong team values, where we support each other through this fast-paced, ever-growing environment. Compensation is top-notch and generous equity is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization and for the scientific community overall.
Who you are
The Account Manager will apply their technical knowledge to properly communicate with top client accounts regarding their research and project needs. You will work with our internal teams to provide technical support to assist clients in placing and managing their orders.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a background in life sciences and a desire to drive forward a key department in a fast-growing biotech startup. This role is ideal for a team player who enjoys client interactions and managing client relationships.
About the role
The role of Account Manager is a critical component of our business, helping maintain customer satisfaction amongst a rapidly growing clientele.
In this role, you will be the liaison between existing clientele and our laboratory. Your main goal will be to provide honest, timely, transparent communication with clients. You will be proactive in independently solve problems when they arise. You will also have the opportunity to design and implement SOP as well as expand the client services team.
- Answer client inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain clear communication between the sales and laboratory teams
- Build rapport with academic, biotech and/or pharmaceutical clientele
- Provide weekly updates to top biotech and pharma clients
- Assist clients in navigating and using the website and order form
- Answer and document all forms of communication with courtesy and thorough knowledge of services offered
- Provide emergency on-call support during non-business hours
- Notify laboratory team members of high-priority tasks from clients
- Escalate high-priority concerns to relevant individuals in upper management
- BS or MS in Biology with 2+ years of experience working in a life science laboratory
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an unmatched work ethic
- Excellent and error-free written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team, as necessary
- Ability to think creatively on ways to streamline the client services process
- Professional composure, patience, humility and problem-solving skills are a must as well as understanding how to tactfully respond to clients in difficult situations
- Being able to meet deadlines and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- 100% coverage on employee health, vision and dental insurance
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from NYS and NYC personal income tax, ~10% salary)
- Parental leave
- NY Commuter benefits, free citibike membership
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement planning (401k)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Team building events outside of the office