What You'll Do
As an extraordinary District Sales Manager, you’ll be part of our Mac Tools sales team located in Kansas City-MO, responsible for the sales and growth of the assigned territory. You’ll get to:
- Develop a distributor’s business, and conduct training and field meetings with their assigned territories.
- Successfully on-board new distributors and conduct route surveys within the territory.
- Achieve an annual operating plan by working with distributors to increase route averages and recruiting new distributors into the territory.
- Conduct effective work with (truck ride-a-longs) 3-4 days per week to provide coaching and support to distributors in the territory.
- Attract and retain distributors into the Mac Tools business.
- Conduct new franchisee training (2-week ride-along for new Distributors). Completes field start process with all new Distributors and revisits as needed to develop/coach as directed by Regional Manager and Regional Business Analyst.
- Conducts Field Excellence Meetings monthly with entire district.
- Participate at Student Tech shows.
- Manage regional credits and adjustments.
- Perform route surveys for all new starts, and surveys at the request of the Regional Manager.
- Key Metrics are:
- District Sales Plan
- Distributor Success (route averages, % growing, % > 150K, etc.)
- Regional Retention
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Minimum 5+ years of route / field sales experience with a minimum 2+ years of management experience directing multiple field / route sales professionals.
- Willingness to live in the sales territory and travel up to 80% within the assigned territory.
- Willingness to submit to a drug test and background investigation including a verification of your past employment criminal history, educational background, and driving record.
- Unrestricted authorization to work within the United States without sponsorship.
- Excellent organizational skills with effective time management abilities.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of key trends and areas of focus with effective communication skills to build and foster relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field.
- Prior experience in the mobile tool sales industry.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting new talent into an organization.
- Knowledge of the local automotive repair market.
- Prior experience as a small business owner or experience coaching and mentoring them.
What You'll Receive
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
No. of Positions
Featured Category on SBD Careers