Excellence. Integrity. Passion.
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary, Alberta. Over the last 109 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
BURNCO is currently looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Technical Sales Representative to join our Ready Mix division in Calgary, Alberta. This is an excellent full-time opportunity that reports directly to the Ready Mix Senior Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical support of concrete sales in Calgary and area (as well as west to Canmore). This will include providing expert level support for specification review, mix design selection, dispute investigation and resolution, third party testing audits, client education, and other relevant duties as required. In this role you will serve as a key liaison between the Sales and Quality Assurance (QA) teams.
What’s In It For You
- Outstanding Compensation (Excellent Salary PlusBonus)
- Company Truck & Cell Phone
- Great Health and Retirement Benefits For You and Your Family
- High Quality Individuals and Teams To Work With Who Will Make You Look Good
- Strong Safety Culture
- Work With a Reputable, Stable and Growing Company
- Build Legacy Infrastructure Lasting Generations (You can say I built that!)
What You Will Be Doing
- Review project specifications
- Liaise with QA and support Sales with mix design selection
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of provincial transportation department concrete specifications
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of appropriate municipal department concrete specification
- Identify mix compliance testing requirements
- Receive and track client disputes
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance to gather data, investigate, and formulate responses and action plans
- Represent BURNCO at stakeholder dispute meetings
- Advise local management and participate in dispute resolution
- Provide recommendations for process improvement where applicable
Third Party Testing Audits
- Monitor third party testing as directed by Sales Manager – sample collection, casting procedures, cylinder handling, curing conditions, etc.
- Analyze and interpret third party testing reports
- Design and deliver presentations to educate clients on concrete production and quality management
- Facilitate and lead production tours for clients
- Maintain effective communication between Sales and QA Teams
- Assist Management in identifying deficiencies and improvements
- Assist in delivery of internal QA training
What We Would Like from You
- CET Accreditation
- Experienced with LEAN and ISO 9001 protocols and standards
- Minimum 5 years work experience QA systems, regulations, guidelines and standards
- Experience and understanding of concrete production and quality management
- Strong computer skills (experience with Command Alkon would be an asset)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license and good driving record
IMPORTANT:As a safety sensitive position, selected applicant will be required to successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Drug and Alcohol screen. (Please note that testing is based on zero tolerance for any cannabis derived products regardless of use frequency or purpose).
Open Until Filled
At BURNCO, we believe in paying people what they’re worth. To ensure our pay levels are competitive, we participate in comparative salary surveys and analysis.
PERFORMANCE-BASED INCENTIVE PROGRAM
BURNCO has a performance-based culture where compensation increases are linked to performance from an individual contribution and overall company measure.
KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY – BURNCO HAS GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS
BURNCO offers and extensive employee benefits package including: Health and Dental Care, Vision, Life Insurance and a retirement savings plan.
BURNCO RRSP PLAN
BURNCO’s wants to assist employees in preparing for life after working. Through our group retirement plan, Plan members can contribute up to 6% of their base pay and BURNCO provides a matching contribution.