Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, requests for quote, processing customer order and follows up after contracts. Acts as the main contact between ACD and customers during the proposal, negotiation and order processing phase. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities demands required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer inquiries
§ Log in all inquiries into data base.
§ Conducts preliminary sizing and evaluation.
§ Distribute specification to engineering for review.
§ Distribute process data to engineering for evaluation and sizing.
§ Gather information for proposal package with assistance from engineering and contracts administration.
§ Review technical and commercial specifications, review with contract administration and engineering and prepare response to customer
§ Prepare priced quotation using either frame agreement or database pricing
§ Complete pricing/process and technical package and send to customer
§ Create and maintain all customer communication in proposal file
- Customer Follow up.
§ Upon award of contract
o Summarize contract
o Supply list of comments and exceptions and latest proposal
o Work with Contract Administrator to open sales order
§ During course of contract
o Maintain contact with customer to ensure satisfaction with progress of order
o Support the customer, Contract Administrator and Engineering for problems or questions
§ After shipment of project
o Rollup costs to review gross margin
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree preferred (BS in Mechanical Engineering a plus)
- Two years in customer service, applications or sales engineering , preferably in a machinery manufacturing environment and with rotating equipment such as pumps, pumping systems, compressors, expanders, or reciprocating pumps.
- Experience in the industrial gas industry a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Verbal communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively to convey information effectively; actively listens to understand, asks questions as appropriate and responds well to questions.
- Written communication skills: writes clearly, accurately and informatively providing detailed documentation, analysis, specifications, quotes, and recommendations to other regarding product line performance.
- Analytical skills: identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options; considers the relative costs and benefits of options for optimal performance; determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Organizational skills: Manages and completes multiple tasks on time and plans, prioritizes, and organizes work to achieve goals and objectives with excellent follow through and follow up with responding in a timely manner to customer inquiries and demands.
- Interpersonal skills: Builds constructive and cooperative working relationships with multiple departments and customers to effectively achieve goals and objectives.
- Computer skills: High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook; proficiency in order entry and customer database software.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to take on responsibilities and challenges, be self-motivated, persistent, hands-on, and results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency, excellent attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and accomplish goals.
- Ability to discuss highly technical details of equipment with engineering, customers and contract administration during negotiation process
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, maturity, customer service focus and overall good judgment.
Equal Oportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cryogenics Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.