We are looking for an energetic, persistent go-getter to join our Portland office as Junior Customer Support Representative for OpenApply. Our service commitment to schools encompasses global 24-hour telephone & e-mail support Monday through Friday; with occasional weekend coverage, online and onsite trainings, and hosting annual conferences for admissions professionals. You will have primary responsibility to support our OpenApply schools during Americas Support Hours.
OpenApply is a modern online admissions office supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. Today OpenApply supports over 500 schools in over 80 countries.
What you’ll learn in the first 30–45 days
- Product knowledge, the hows and whys of using OpenApply
- The nuts and bolts of OpenApply as a SaaS business
- The role of support as sales and why good customer experiences matter
- The context and workflows of international schools and how to best support them
- Running telephone and e-mail support operations, responding to support tickets from admissions office staff
- Providing one to one online trainings on how to best use a specific feature. You will occasionally need to travel for an onsite training within the APAC region
- Ensuring that our quality of service (e.g. support request times and resolutions) are maintained at levels of excellence
- Making customers happy (this requires grace under pressure, especially when you’re dealing with a challenging customer that has urgent demands and time pressure)
- Providing Quality Assurance (QA) testing for new feature deploys
- Devising ways to improve our help and support materials
A Normal Week
Over the course of a normal week, you would have:
- Responded to 100–200 support emails.
- Talked with 15–25 schools by phone.
- Conducted 5–10 online trainings.
- Updated 1–2 help tutorials.
- Relayed several bugs or feature requests as a result of feedback from schools.
You should have…
- Prior Customer Support experience, preferably in SaaS
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Interest in EdTech and desire to make life better for students and schools.
- Detail orientated, follows things through to completion, dependable
- Demonstrated competence / Self-learning.
- Clear and engaging presentation skills and the ability to provide an effective virtual demonstration of software
- Comfort in establishing rapport quickly and effectively via phone, email, screenshare, or in person
- Attention to detail, internal motivation to succeed, and a passion for technological solutions
- Creative drive to continually improve and grow yourself and those around you
- Fluent in English
- A current U.S. driver’s license
- Ability to work in our Portland office when we can safely reopen
- Anticipate 20-30% travel, when we can safely do so, though it may be more or less depending on personal preference.
Capabilities & Character
- Knowledge of or experience in admissions
- Product Knowledge & Understanding of Customer ‘Jobs-to-be-Done’.
- Proficiency with all Customer Success Tools (Jira, Zendesk, Google Docs, Zoom, GoToWebinar, ClickUp etc).
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other departments on small projects and tasks.
- Improvement based on feedback and observation of others.
- Online Presence & Responsive Communication.
- Customer-empathy and quick resolution
- Responsibility and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaboration across teams and timezones.
- Internalised Faria Habits & Routines.
- Internalised support & implementation processes encompassing
- Proven Commitment during Crisis.
- Number of tickets solved & trainings/Implementations completed.
- Beating individual customer satisfaction targets & response times.
- Quality of support & guidance provided.
- $36,000- $40,000 USD annual base salary, plus you will be eligible for support variable compensation of up to $4,00 for full calendar year based on reaching specified OKR targets.
- Monthly Health & Wellness allowance
- 401(k) plan
- Health, vision & dental coverage with a no-cost-to-employee health insurance option
- Life insurance; short & long term disability insurance
Full training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the duration of your employment, in order to assist in advancing your career with Faria Education Group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Faria is authorized to do business in several, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Faria is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Faria is registered.
ABOUT FARIA EDUCATION GROUP
Faria Education Group powers over 10,000 schools and districts and 3 million students with a suite of 6 services: ManageBac, AtlasNext, Pamoja, OpenApply, SchoolsBuddy, and Curriculum Trak.
ManageBac is the leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for IB World Schools, supporting over 140,000 educators in 130 countries for over 15 years. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
AtlasNext is a leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for independent and international schools worldwide. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, AtlasNext offers a seamless & integrated experience for school leaders, teachers, students, and parents.
Pamoja is an education technology company based in Oxford, UK. We provide schools across the globe with flexible online learning solutions that address key educational challenges, from structured content through Pamoja Lesson Suite, to courses fully taught by our own teachers, Pamoja Online Courses.
OpenApply is a modern School Admissions Management System supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. Today OpenApply supports over 500 schools in over 80 countries.
SchoolsBuddy is a comprehensive extra-curricular management system for staff, parents and students, featuring activities management, online payments, plus sign up, allocation and attendance for after-school activities. Trips, online consent, parents evenings, sports teams and bookings can all be managed through the SchoolsBuddy platform.
Curriculum Trak provides the leading curriculum management platform for K-12 faith-based schools. The unique Faith Learning Integration allows teachers to easily align key conceptual spiritual understandings with curriculum, lesson plans, and learning outcomes. Schools can also join a larger network of faith-based schools to collaborate around faith-based teaching content and resources. Founded in 2003, Curriculum Trak services are used by more than 850 schools and districts.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in Portland, Chicago, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, UK, and Ukraine.