The Director of Large Group Sales and Retention is responsible for leading a field-based team who sells and retains Large Group membership (typically 100+) within an assigned Group Market - this position will oversee the Kansas City Metro market. The Director is responsible for directly managing business relationships with employer group clients, agents, and consultants in a market.
- The Director of Large Group Sales and Retention will meet membership and growth targets by continuously optimizing talent responsible for Large Group new sales, retention and cross-sales.
- Conduct, attend, and manage local and sales operations meetings in order to provide sales development, teamwork, market strategies and training to local market team.
- Communicate and monitor sales and retention results, trends and overall performance to hold Large Group Sales and Client Management team accountable for achieving identified targets.
- Develop market-specific strategies to optimize Humana’s Large Group pursuit tactics.
- Leads a team of Large Group Sales Professionals, Large Group Sales Executives and Large Group Specialty Sales Executives, focused on Large Group Sales as well as an Account Management team responsible retaining groups and upselling to them.
- Ensures the smooth transition of large clients between the New Sales and Client Management teams.
- Develops and oversees customer retention initiatives and activities for the team’s assigned book of business.
- Guides team to investigate, analyze, and develop creative solutions to client specific problems related to systems, claims, networks, providers, eligibility, ID cards, billing and banking arrangements, etc.
- Ensure timely delivery of customer communication, contracts and reporting.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with national, regional and local firms who specialize in the Large Group Segment.
- Serve as a key contributor on local market insights to the Group Growth Strategy.
- Provide customer, broker and partner insights that will inform the advancement of capabilities to improve sales performance, efficacy and productivity, while also driving competitive differentiation in the local specialty marketplace.
- Provide input to network leaders to refine network investments and team expansion at the market- level.
- Works collaboratively with various functional areas including Sales, Underwriting, Finance, Account Installation, Corporate Affairs, Marketing and Product development, Network and Account Service to meet objectives.
- Identify and communicate the need for improvements in Humana’s products and services.
- Deep understanding of market dynamics: competition, influencers, trends, history.
- Understands and communicates national and local strategies, goals, initiatives, process updates and operating principles.
- Develop team in key areas such as presentation skills, relationship management, reporting, analytics, implementation and local market dynamics.
- Oversees the identification of member education opportunities to drive maximum utilization of available resources, and directing clients on the use of available resources.
- Builds the Humana Brand across the market in conjunction with outside organizations and key constituents.
- Identify other strategic relationships in the market and develop those circles of influence to drive business to Humana, Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years’ consultative selling experience in Medical and Specialty Sales and Account Management, including selling to Large Groups.
- 2+ Years’ Experience leading a Sales and/or Account Management team.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with brokers, consultants, and employer groups.
- Deep knowledge of the health insurance industry.
- Understanding of competitive landscape in local market.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a positive manner.
- Valid State Health and Life insurance licenses.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance
Must live in the Kansas City metro area or be willing to relocate and work from that office.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40