Job Title: Accessible Yoga Instructor
Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Status: Part time
Locations: Hingham Campus (1 Conservatory Drive, Hingham, MA 02043) and Duxbury Campus (64 Saint George Street, Duxbury, MA 02332). Offsite travel required for yoga sessions, events, and meetings.
Reports to: Creative Arts Therapies Director, as an integral part of the CAT Team
South Shore Conservatory (SSC), the largest community music school in New England, seeks an enthusiastic and well-rounded accessible yoga instructor with the passion and skills to teach a wide range of ages, levels, and abilities keeping clinical goals such as promoting social and emotional wellbeing, enhancing balance, and increasing breath support in mind. The ideal candidate is a versatile individual who has a strong background in yoga, with special focus on individuals with disabilities and medical conditions. This person has a willingness and ability to draw on a variety of yoga interventions, and partner with the Creative Arts Therapies faculty to teach individuals and groups at all stages of their journey.
* Teach private and group accessible yoga lessons for all levels, ages, and abilities including children and adults with various medical diagnoses and disabilities.
* Develop focused treatment plans to effectively deliver in-person sessions.
* As a member of the Creative Arts Therapy Team, identify best-practice resources and materials to enhance client wellbeing.
* Through treatment planning and goal setting, motivate client growth, and track progress.
*Communicate in an effective and timely manner with SSC clients and their families.
*Actively participate in Creative Arts Therapies and SSC community initiatives, when appropriate.
* Cultivate and maintain a positive and structured therapeutic environment.
The ideal candidate should be available to teach at both SSC’s Hingham and Duxbury campuses, in community settings such as schools, and in client homes. General teaching hours take place Monday through Saturday. Days and times are flexible to meet the needs of both the yoga instructor and clients served, however most hours will take place during the school day. With SSC in a period of expansion, there are ample opportunities for growth and development for a motivated candidate who is committed to arts, wellness, and accessibility. It is hoped that the selected candidate will also participate in SSC events and professional development opportunities internally and externally as opportunities arise.
A minimum of a yoga teacher certification and specialized training relative to CAT populations, such as yoga for the special child, and two years of related teaching experience required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Health Sciences, etc. is preferred. The ideal candidate is a team player, has excellent interpersonal skills, a commitment to health and wellness as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a desire to work with clients of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities. Candidates must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Yoga Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Yoga Certification (Preferred)
- Yoga for the Special Child Certification (Preferred)
- Multiple locations