JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.The Global BPM Manager under the leadership of Global BPM Director – is responsible for the management of a range of global operational business rules, process compliance, and process improvement initiatives.
The position manages, formalize the strategy, prioritize and supports all activities to ensure successful and timely delivery of global and regional operations projects and initiatives, prioritized based on global business process management strategy as established by JAS WW Management and business stakeholders.
The individual must have the ability to clearly communicate, to work across organizational silos, think logically, teach and lead by example, drive alignment across functions in the areas of business implementation to safeguard global standard process and ensure operation efficiency and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates and determines effective strategies to accomplish objectives and sets priority for Ops Compliance global roadmap of initiatives and projects, anticipates potential threats or opportunities and vets them within the organization as appropriate.
- Develops and encourages new ideas, approaches for process improvement and efficiency.
- Drives alignment across functions in the areas of business implementation to safeguard global standard process and ensure operation efficiency.
- Collaborates with Global Operations Compliance team to design measurement methodology to support Global Operation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provides subsidiaries with guidance and clarity related to training efforts and tools to measure, achieve and exceed global compliance targets
- Monitors and identifies areas for improvement of subsidiaries on data quality, timeliness, completeness and accuracy of JAS WW Global Operations Compliance KPIs.
- Recommends Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) based on business needs and priorities
- Proposes Operational Best Practices, collaborates with RPOs and other peers to document, communicate and implement globally
- Performs data mining and analysis for purposes of potential new product / service offerings and business concepts / initiatives
- Defines and test reporting requirements in CargoWise and other Business Intelligence Tools.
- Coordinates testing of new Changes and Enhancements and provides impact analysis and strategic recommendations, including priorities
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise on Air / Sea / Warehousing Operations
- Supports and promotes global business rules, standardized business processes, and C1 system usage.
- Perform other tasks as requested to support Global Operation Compliance team’s projects and goals.
- Indirect supervisory responsible to WW Ops Compliance BPM Specialist team.
- Coach, train and collaborate with the WW Ops Compliance BPM Specialist team to accomplish projects objectives and timeliness requirements.
- Adheres to all published organizational, safety policies and procedures as described in the JAS Forwarding employee handbook
· Is deeply familiar with the JAS global standard processes and c1 system
· Background in Freight Forwarding Operations, and Job Management
· Extensive project Management and Process Implementation experience
· Requires a motivated self-starter with ability to work independently
· Ability to lead and motivate peers and project stakeholders/resources to fulfill tasks within the given deadlines
· Excellent communication skills; requires ability to convey complex information in the required level of detail to ensure all levels of stakeholders can easily comprehend the information
· Ability to validate/challenge and improve documentation/information/outcome provided by project resources
· Excellent understanding of JAS Global Processes, Rules and c1 Procedures
· Good understanding of PMP methodology
· Understanding of Business Process Improvement techniques such as Six Sigma, DMAIC and/or other concepts.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Power BI, and MS Excel.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Camtasia & Adobe Captivate is a plus
- Fluent in the usage of with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable with tele-communication tools such as MS Teams, Skype, ZOOM.
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English language. Ability to verbally communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as Business Cases, Project Plans, Business Requirements, User Guides, Training Manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar / pie graphs.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Business Intelligence, Training Contents Development, Business Analyst, Business Process Management background is desirable.
- Strong Organizational and Self-Motivation skills – Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables.
- Able to work with in a matrix reporting environment, build and maintain strong relationships with peers, stakeholders and management who will largely be based remotely.
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas to improve processes and procedures.
- Able to commit to and demonstrate the core values: Respect, Courage, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred.
- Business Intelligence, Business Analysis experience is of advantage.
- LMS/Training Contents Development experience is of advantage.
- Freight Forwarding background is of advantage.
This position is performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require travel including domestic and international.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT “KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER.” JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.