Job DescriptionAs a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and expanding business with direct clients. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gather referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, competitive offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Create and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understand the needs of your stakeholders and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain and leverage relationships.
- Apply and leverage the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Use detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Travel as needed within your territory.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery.
- Experience with the Microsoft stack of technologies and selling Microsoft products, applications or services (i.e. O365, Azure, Dynamics CRM, AX, Digital, Software Engineering).
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Shaping and positioning business outcome-oriented propositions.
- Acting as a trusted advisor/discussion partner.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- You will have 3+ years of experience in business development, relationship building and advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.