Access Pharmaceuticals is committed to the Pharmaceutical / Medical industry as we believe our success comes from our talented and engaged employees as well as national Pharmaceutical Sales Representative team. We believe our employees is Access’s greatest strength as an organization and also represent our competitive advantage. Access Pharma is privately held and offers a great company culture that includes continued professional development, leadership development, career ladder advancement programs, and comprehensive employee benefits. In a world where talented candidates have choices, choose to work somewhere awesome!
Job Title - Medical Science Liaison
Job Location: Temecula, CA
Job ID - MLTeCA02
Medical Science Liaison
Responsible for scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), education of health care providers (HCPs) on pharmaceutical products and disease states of interest, and for leading scientific communications with assigned data and healthcare economic data that will be shared with formulary, pharmacy directors, medical directors and similar entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain, and manage collaborations with regional and national KOLs, local HCPs, participants in managed markets and other healthcare professionals.
- Responsible for initiating, building and fostering relationships with recognized clinicians, HCPs, clinician researchers, managed market providers and defined academic health care systems.
- Identify and develop meaningful and robust relationships with community and academic KOLs/HCPs in the acute postoperative analgesia space.
- Provide meaningful scientific exchange to ensure that they understand the science and the clinical data associ
- Identify and build collaborations with KOLs, formulary members, and payers for formulary presentations, medical education, and potential clinical research opportunities.
- Assist in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific information and literature, within corporate guidelines, for healthcare provider education.
- Provide field-based medical and scientific support to answer unsolicited questions about products and related therapeutic areas.
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for the medical community in therapeutic areas of interest to Heron Therapeutics
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of products, current medical and scientific research and publications in therapeutic areas of interest.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers, and other managed care audiences.
- Work closely with the Market Access team to communicate the scientific information associated with products and provide medical presentations as requested to support access.
- Work closely with the academic and community research organizations, pain management and supportive care organizations, guideline committees, and medical personnel within various surgical specialties and professional organizations, e.g. AAOS, SAGES, AORN, ASHP, , to ensure effective communication of the science and clinical data behind Heron products and disease areas of interest.
- Respond in an appropriate and expeditious fashion to unsolicited requests from KOLs/HCPs.
- Facilitate appropriate scientific activities within the Surgery and Postoperative Analgesia area when requested.
- Identify and prepare KOLs/HCPs for scientific programs, advisory boards, and speaker programs.
- Organize and conduct train-the-trainer programs and speaker training meetings.
- Provide medical and scientific support for medical education initiatives (e.g., speaker training).
- Deliver high quality educational presentations in a variety of settings (e.g., formulary committees, medical meetings, and allied healthcare professionals’ meetings) and obtain feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Use appropriate, ethical judgment in the distribution of all information.
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for internal stakeholders.
- Provide medical and scientific training support to internal colleagues upon request.
- Participate in internal therapeutic advisory groups and project teams
- Provide local medical support for consultant and advisory meetings as needed
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources.
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
- Serve as liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of research
- Be responsible for first-line review of investigator-sponsored studies originating from territory, and, in collaboration with MSL director/manager, facilitate the submission, review and approval processes for investigator-sponsored studies.
- Provide support for corporate sponsored studies.
- Advanced scientific degree (Doctorate or Masters Level) preferred or Bachelors level degree with extensive experience (>10 yrs as hospital MSL) required.
- At least 5 years of recent MSL experience in current geography, with at least 5 years of experience with hospital formulary, P&T committees and payer presentations; prefer previous hospital-based perioperative , non-opioid pain medicine experience.
- Clinical experience within relevant therapeutic/disease areas preferred.
- An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations and discussion to Health Care Professionals within the therapeutic/disease area(s) of interest
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in pharmacology, disease state, competitive landscape, clinical trial methods, implementation and interpretation; possesses sound scientific and clinical judgment.
- Strong compliance knowledge and adherence to corporate compliance in all activities - including those related to clinical trials, scientific presentations, and responses to unsolicited requests for information.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer-facing skills; listening skills; probing skills; and flexibility.
- Excellent collaboration skills across multiple disciplines.
- Must live within the region, within one hour of a major airport, and be able to travel overnight 60-80% as business requires and must have a valid driver’s license