We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Development Manager based in the Halifax/Moncton area. This position is a direct liaison between our clients and professional staff to sell, promote and support our roofing, building envelope, structural, pavement, engineering, technical consulting, and expert witness services.
Responsibilities and expectations of this role include: using a consultative sales approach to determine and address the needs of new, existing and former clients with respect to IRC’s main engineering disciplines, introducing and explaining professional capabilities, assessing and promptly addressing client service needs and services sought; creating, developing and advancing value driven relationships; building trust; communicating comprehensively, concisely and effectively in person, in writing and over the phone to efficiently expand and build the business and client base.
The position requires: prior related industry sales and business development experience; the ability to work independently and effectively under minimal supervision and the application of initiative and sound judgment in the performance of assigned tasks. The successful candidate will be managing our entire sales and business development cycle from qualification of prospects, to meetings initiation, sales, and introduction of professional capabilities through proposal presentation and receipt of consulting assignments and ongoing account management.
In return for your talent and effort, Rimkus offers a dynamic organization with a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule and opportunities for advancement.
- Development and execution of competitive sales and marketing strategies designed to secure significant market penetration and maximum client satisfaction.
- Introduction of the company’s services to prospective clients (e.g., insurance carriers, law firms, corporate and commercial clients, and municipalities/government agencies, building owners, developers etc.) to establish new accounts and secure repeat business.
- Expansion of client relationships through regular contact and promotion of value-added services to maintain and develop additional business.
- Generation of a significant number of in-person new client contacts and proposal opportunities weekly, to penetrate the market and increase market share.
- Utilization of client relationship management system (CRM) database to manage and report on business development and account management activity.
- Secure and assist in preparation of requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Liaise with production department, facilitating project progression, ensuring client expectations are met.
- Receipt of incoming RFPs and assignments from clients, assisting in their completion, delivery, oversight, and execution.
- Maintenance of positive relationships among company operations personnel, serving as liaison between them and our clients.
- Handling and effectively resolving client concerns and issues.
- Securing, coordinating, and managing presentation opportunities or continuing education seminars for our clients.
- Participating in key marketing strategies, industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Attending client related professional and social functions, conventions and events as needed to promote the company and our services; requires occasional after business hours work.
- Daily travel predominantly in and about the greater Halifax/Moncton metropolitan area.
- Halifax/Moncton area resident, required.
- 2 or 4-year degree in applicable related field; B.S. preferred, will consider significant experience in lieu of degree, M.B.A. a plus.
- Experience within the building engineering, roofing, or construction industries.
- Track record of responsibility and success; 3-5 years professional level experience in consultative sales, business development, one-on-one and group meetings, client relationship management, or account management.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), follow up, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual or working knowledge in English French communication a plus.