The candidate will be responsible for architecture & full Software Development Life-cycle, code reviews, unit test case writing and ensure code developed meets the requirements, component design/coding/unit testing/debugging. To succeed in this role the candidate should possess a natural analytical skill, an innovative thinker who can provide efficient & effective solutions to complex Technology & Business problems.
- Ownership and responsibility for end-to-end design and development, testing, release of key components & sprint planning.
- Ownership on design & implementation of scalable & fault tolerant ETL Pipelines on BigData Platform to store & process terabytes of contract information’s from upstream sources with high availability
- Actively work on performance tuning techniques through understanding Spark DAG’s on data structures on both Relational & BigData Platforms giving high performance to both ETL & Reporting Components
- Perform AML Data analysis and contribute in map/gap exercise, handle confidential and sensitive information by masking/encryption
- Create mock-ups and proof of concept from business requirements when necessary
- Performs ad-hoc data research & analysis, provide written summaries of results for non-technical business users
- Keeping track of all the show stopper issues and driving the closure of these issues by working closely with our technology partner
- Working with solution architect and client subject matter experts, the candidate is responsible for documenting the current state of technical architecture
- Working with the onsite development team and providing necessary overlap coverage to ensure smooth transition and communication between offshore and onsite
- Work closely with multiple teams(Business Analyst, ETL, DB team, Infra, Support, etc )
- Work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional Global Team
- 6 + years of application/software development
- 5+ Years of experience iJAVA(Core Java, J2EE, Spring Boot Restful Services), Python, Web services (REST, SOAP), XML, Java Script, Micro services, SOA etc
- 5 + Years of experience on BigData Technologies like Apache Spark , Hive, Hadoop is must
- 5+ years experience with ETL technologies like AbInitio, Talend etc
- Experience in management and troubleshooting of Hive queries.
- Experience in benchmarking, throughput performance analysis
- Experience in handling confidential data by using masking or encryption algorithm.
- Experience in file encryption like secure zip or IONIC is a plus.
- Experience with developing frameworks and utility services including logging/monitoring
- Experience with API development and use of data formats is a plus
- Knowledge on technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Cloud, AWS S3 is a plus
- Knowledge on NOSQL Databases like MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra etc is aplus.
- Working experience with Financial application / Finance processes/AML is a plus
- Experience with vendor products like Tableau, Arcadia, Paxata, KNIME is a plus
- Extensive years of working in a multi-cultural environment delivering results with virtual teams.
- A well-diversified background with a successful track record of leadership, experience, and performance
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various analyses or reviews
- Has to be results-oriented, willing and able to take ownership of engagements
- should have strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Global Functions Technology is a diverse organization comprised of more than 15,000 talented professionals with some of the brightest minds – all working together to realize Citi’s Vision of growth and economic progress. As a group, we partner with the Finance, Risk, Compliance, and Human Resources teams to drive the delivery of innovative technology solutions using common data, analytics, and platforms. Our technology operates in real-time environments, capturing and managing market, transaction, and accounting data, as well as the data from millions of customers daily. Our solutions cover all products and geographies in which Citi does business. We are the backbone for reporting across the bank, satisfying our regulatory commitments, enabling our businesses to be nimbler and helping to safeguard customer assets through highly effective controls.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting