Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual’s well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver Mobile App software for Medtronic’s connected insulin pumps and glucose sensors.
The Patient apps and connectivity team develops iOS and Android Apps using cutting edge technologies such as Flutter, Swift and Android. These apps provide seamless connectivity to Medtronic diabetes devices, and helps patients with their diabetes management and quality of life.
We are looking for Android and iOS developers who can help us create market leading products to better serve the needs of our patients.
A Day in the Life
As a Mobile App Software Engineer, you will work under the guidance of an Engineering Manager and collaborate with the system architects to develop Mobile Apps. Responsibilities include developing, testing, and maintaining the software for either Android or iOS Apps. You will apply knowledge of software design and V&V methods to develop and test safety critical, fault tolerant apps.
Key Technical Competencies
- Working with our team of engineers to build and design mobile applications
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Familiar with software engineering best practices for Mobile software development
- Interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system
- Write and execute unit tests for mobile apps and components
- Willing and able to learn a new technology on your own but know when to seek out help from senior engineers
- Identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them by determining the most appropriate fix
- Hold yourself accountable deliver on commitments
- Desire to help improve patient’s lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices
- Demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive. You view mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field
4+ years professional experience of designing and developing mobile applications required or 2+ years professional experience of designing and developing mobile applications and Master’s Degree in CS or EE.
Nice to Have
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Database experience on mobile devices
- Good understanding of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Experience translating product requirements into design specification
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code
- Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objective. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Is reliable in work habits. Able to organize and self-direct execution of tasks/duties
- Experience in medical software development process such as IEC 62304 or other regulated software development
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)