Did you know?
Government agencies are required to ensure fair competition when purchasing goods or services using taxpayer money. Ion Wave Technologies, Inc. (IWT) develops web-based software solutions that help these agencies accelerate legacy procurement processes and more easily connect with suppliers providing the goods and services that they need.
Who We Are
We are a team of hard workers in an uncommon environment free of bureaucracy, drama, and selfishness. We keep it that way with a robust hiring process that looks for exceptional peoplewho share our core values. Unlike other places you may have worked, your contributions to the team matter immeasurably more to us than titles. We care about the important stuff (e.g., how you treat people) and not as much about the unimportant stuff (e.g., what you choose to wear to the office).
You should know that transparent feedback is something we crave both as a business and as individuals. We love discovering new ways to create better software and service experiences for our customers, and we try to have fun while doing it. Each member of our team is expected to take responsibility for improving the pieces of the company they touch. So, if you often think “it’s not my job to do that” or love the answer “we’ve always done it that way”, we’re pretty certain this isn’t the right place for you. If you haven’t noticed by now, we’re also decidedly candid about things. Still interested? Learn more about the job below!
As a result of our continued growth, we are looking to add a new full-time position to our customer support team. Technically, we call this a “Customer Success Manager”, but we’re serious about titles not being important here. This person will have a natural talent for helping customers as they build confidence and competency in the use of our products. Think of this role as a coach and consultant in all things related to our software, ensuring that customers receive the maximum benefit.
This person must develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of our products, onboard new customers, participate in customer facing events, create customer-facing helpful resources, and are involved in the ongoing enhancement of our products by listening to customer ideas. This team answers phone calls, responds to emails, leads educational webinars, and then responds to more emails. In short, they are the “go-to” for customer questions, problems, and suggestions. Ultimately, everything they do is about building a strong relationship with our customers.
This might be for you if:
- You have experience in supporting software solutions. You’re the kind of person that can visualize the screen the customer is describing to you over the phone!
- You don’t dread giving presentations to groups of people. In fact, it’s kind of your thing.
- You understand the customer will see you as the face of IWT, and you will take ownershipof communicating mistakes and solutions with professionalism and tact.
- Your coworkers would say you’re one of the best communicators they know (we’ll check just to make sure).
- You don’t need to be micromanaged to get your work done. In fact, you’re the one asking for more!
- You are located in the Springfield, MO area (team members are currently working fully or partially remote due to the pandemic).
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience (increases and bonuses based upon performance)
- Group medical and dental plans (partially paid by the company)
- Health Savings Account (we’ll throw some cash in every month for you)
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- PTO (you’ll start out with 15 days)
- Paid holidays (including Christmas Eve and Black Friday because they should be holidays)
- 401k Matching (5% company match)
- 401k Profit Sharing Plan (we contributed an additional 5% of compensation last year)
- Flexible and healthy work schedule (more than 40 hours is rare)
- Various personal/professional development opportunities
We take the hiring process seriously because we know this place isn’t for everyone. We have heard going through the process can feel a bit like work before you ever start work. Interested candidates should be prepared to complete an extensive application and participate in a minimum of two interviews involving multiple interviewers (including company ownership).
IWT is an equal opportunity employer. We are not interested in outsourcing and we do not sponsor visas. No recruiters!
Please submit an updated cover letter and resume via our website:
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations