Start Rate (Non-negotiable): $45.58 per hour
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto's subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to Manager, Our I&IT Infrastructure Operations & Management Support office seeks an experienced Network Engineering Specialist (Infrastructure as Code/Azure Cloud/Automation/O365) to join our team. This role will be responsible for automate, deploy, document, manage, maintain, monitor, operate a robust public/private cloud infrastructure tooling, frameworks, products and solutions. Provide expert-level support and services within the Metrolinx hybrid enterprise network. Support activities of the hybrid cloud infrastructure, network, telecommunication and high availability/disaster recovery environments, including emergent technologies, and regularly report on Capacity, Performance, Availability, Health and Provisioning.
What will I be doing?
- Providing expert-level support for IaC Infrastructure as Code to Automate and Orchestrate Cloud and On-Prem IT Infrastructure. Document, Provision, Test, Operate, Maintain and Decommission IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS, I&IT Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure and various other cloud-based services via Terraform, Ansible of similar platform.
- Implement automated infrastructure solutions and blueprints using Terraform, ARM templates and Ansible playbooks across compute, storage and network domains for both Public and Private Clouds.
- Configure Microsoft Azure, O365 and other cloud application/infrastructure solutions to meet the business group's SaaS/IaaS/PaaS requirements. Installing and supporting various OS and relevant services for Windows, Linux (RHEL/CentOS), SunOS, Unix Servers while ensuring security best practices to meet industry compliance for both on-prem and cloud instances. Develops Continuous Integrations and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines where possible.
- Champion Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code values across. Conduct deep-dive hands-on education/training sessions to transfer IaC and CaC knowledge to development and infrastructure teams. Automate away operational problems.
- Provide guidance and support for escalated incidents and problems for Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Azure suite of tools under Identity/SSO/MFA, Compute, Networking, Storage, Web, Mobile, Containers, Databases, Resource Groups, Analytics, DevOps, Management and Governance, Intune, IoT, Azure Landing Zone, Office 365 suite of apps.
- Support Metallic (or similar cloud data backup), NetBackup, HPE 3PAR, Azure Blob and DR concept, Cloud Storage, Database recovery (e.g. Oracle/Exadata, MSSQL/Always On, MongoDB, Azure DaaS) and help various teams to prepare disaster recovery procedures and puts contingency measures in place.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies, and best practices. Implement, document, manage and support various Business and Infrastructure needs such as environment build, upgrades, consolidations while maintaining adequate system monitoring, policies, and audits.
- A University Degree/Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Comprehensive Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) skills including proven hands-on experience designing, implementing and managing complex automated solutions using Terraform and Ansible for Private and Public Clouds.
- Broad 5+ years of hybrid cloud automation specialist with hands-on experience.
- High proficiency in programming and scripting – PowerShell, Bash, SQL, Java, Python. Virtualization and cloud technologies like Azure or similar cloud serivces provider, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, SCVMM. Data Center Infrastructure Scaling, Lifecycle Management, Availability, Reliability, Capacity, Utilization and Reporting.
- Public Cloud Certification (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) at professional/advanced level is considered an asset
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Stack Hub Operator Associate, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE: Core Infrastructure, VMWare VCP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP cloud, ITIL or a combination of certifications/training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with Experience with structured/unstructured data systems – MS SQL, Oracle SQL, Cloudera, MariaDB, security and compliance (zero-trust, PCI-DSS), PKI, HPE (OneView, Synergy, Chassis, 3PAR, Store Once, SSMC), Cisco (Chassis, Blade, UCS, FI), NetBackup, Metallic (or similar cloud data backup) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure/Collaboration, SolarWinds, Microfocus OpsBridge, Relational databases (MS SQL, MongoDB), Infoblox IPAM, Brocade, F5 LTM is an asset
- Experience with ServiceNow, Agile, ITIL, PMP methodologies and CMDB concept is an asset
- A valid driver's license class of G or equivalent recognized by the Province of Ontario is an asset.
- The position is required to be available outside of regular hours and on-call to maintain business continuity and address urgent Infrastructure issues as they may arise. Frequent travelling to the data center and branch office is required.
- Typical physical effort, e.g. lifting servers to mount on a rack, climbing a ladder to run cables in data center etc. may be required
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time-sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER