SUMMARY: The Director of Sales is responsible for creating connections with guests to optimize venue options most ideal for the guest needs. Also, responsible for driving revenue by prospecting, booking and coordinating events via corporate and community networking. This role must be well-versed in venue operations and must recognize what variations within the venue are best suited to enhance any guest’s experience. The Director of Sales is expected to understand the flow for guests from entrance, through gaming, dining, service and beyond. Partnership with each Department is a must to ensure accuracy in Event execution.
In addition, the Director of Sales is responsible for effectively communicating with operations regarding the setup, execution, follow-up and highlights needed to execute all events within the venue. Event execution is expected to follow along Event Sales guidelines, and the Director of Sales is expected to understand pricing, budgets and projections in order to hit set Sales Goals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The major responsibilities for this position will center on these key areas:
- Generate leads to promote, sell, and execute events within Puttery.
- Negotiate contracts with clients, while obtaining deposits/balances due.
- Prepare sales reports to Drive Shack Corporate Office (weekly, monthly and quarterly).
- Communicate events, strategies, and expectations with the Operations team.
- Initiate and support local community and corporate outreach for sales, events, and Puttery.
- Responsible for knowing assigned local markets for social and corporate networking opportunities to help drive revenue.
- Maximize revenue through implementing upselling techniques.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to all Puttery Team Members.
- Perform administrative duties, like time-keeping, payroll, and inventory as necessary.
- Promote company-sponsored training and growth initiatives.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with a variety of people, including vendors, other departments, staff, and senior management.
- Generate and support programs to drive culture of high performance, innovation, and fun.
- Create and maintain a climate of understanding and respect for all Puttery Team Members.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested by General Manager.
Additional projects may be assigned to this position to assist the company leadership on major initiatives, as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Work extended hours as required and/or during busy periods based on business needs.
- Operate a personal computer and use required applications.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Read and comprehend complex printed data/information and reports.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Support the onboarding and training of new Team Members.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, promoting excellent Puttery hospitality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Supervising all Sales and Events preparation and ensuring strict adherence to food & beverage hygiene regulations.
- Recognizing, maintaining, and improving safety and sanitation.
- Excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Position responsibilities require limited travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-Year Bachelor's degree in Business, or relevant field is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales within a high volume, complex leisure entertainment concept.
- Familiarity with market trends and the industry’s best practices.
- Accuracy and speed in handling “in-the-moment” conditions and providing solutions with hospitality and guest experience as a priority.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
- Prior experience managing major projects and supervising day-to-day activities of workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across levels within the organization.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Sales Technology, CRS, and Point of Sale systems).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time, including maneuvering up and down stairs.
- Ability to travel, unassisted as needed.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at-a-time without assistance.
- Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position's goals may also be assigned. Puttery reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/need.
Puttery is committed to equal opportunity in the workplace, preventing discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, based on legally protected diversity characteristics (such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, citizenship, genetic information and veteran status) in its application and hiring processes and in its employment decisions. Additionally, Puttery takes action to prevent retaliation and to create a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment for everyone.