The Enterprise Data Management Department was created in 2015 to setup, drive and continuously improve the way data is handled throughout the organization in the U.S. under the leadership of the CIB/IP Chief Data Officer. It looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements. Specifically the team provides support to all other units within EDM (Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality) and also handles directly a number of projects.
The EDM Department has been established with the following 3 pillars:
- Data Governance: set the framework for developing and formalizing the “know your data” culture including formal governance forums, data certification and attestation processes. The team also captures, challenges, and tests the control framework of the bank in particular through a risk-based data trace program.
- Data Management: determine the data strategy for the platform with the objective of identifying and adopting golden sources, capturing and maintaining data glossaries and dictionaries, business and functional lineage from source to output as well as managing referential data
- Data Quality: establish a framework to assess and report on the quality of the data used for reporting purposes and an effective remediation team
In addition the department is supported by the Transversal Business Support group that includes a Project Management Office and Tools & Processes teams aiming at defining the technology strategy for EDM and providing business analysis capabilities including process design and optimization.
The Data Management Team is part of the overall Enterprise Data Management program which looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements. Specifically Metadata & Lineage which looks to defining and ensuring adoption of golden source, capturing and maintaining business glossaries, data dictionaries as well as documenting functional and technical lineage
The role will be responsible for supporting the gathering of metadata and the maintenance of documented information. This may involve participation to setup, review and quality control, governance and validation processes with regards to data lineages, business glossaries and data dictionaries. This is part of the overall Data Governance framework being rolled out throughout the U.S., Canada and LATAM platforms.
he role will also be responsible for the implementation of the metadata management approach for the platform ensuring its execution and maintenance, as well as working in close collaboration with business partners , technology teams globally depending on the platform and others users.
- Maintain information on the data used and document its journey and usage
- Ensure proper usage of data
- Act as support and work on ad hoc assignments as needed including, but not limited to, quantitative analysis, data consolidation and crunching, driving a specific part of the project end to end, prepare recommendations
- Develops and maintains knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance as well as the RaDAR program implementation so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, your activities to the approach promoted by the Group
- Write and review standards, procedures or other documentations to record rule analysis and impact assessment, flow charts, RACI analysis and other diagnostic documentation as well as business requirements and other design documents
- Improve, deploy and onboard new domains such as Finance, Risk, Treasury, Operations across the organization the current Metadata framework
- Participate to the organization and preparation of Project and Steering Committees
- Attend project meetings, prepare meeting notes and distribute to identified stakeholders
- Produce project reports; request, collect, analyze, query, verify consistency and completeness and integrate weekly status reports from projects workstreams such as CCAR or Finance Regulatory Reporting
- Collect project documentation and insure proper archiving in available project management information systems
- Follow-up on the changes to project management plan and update project master plan
- Follow-up with project managers to ensure timeline is being respected and deliverables are to be met on schedule
- Keep updated action and issue logs, contact list, project distribution list and other registers
- Perform quality assurance, insure the completeness and adequacy of deliverables
- Bachelor degree required either in Business Administration or Computer Science
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a business analyst preferably with a focus on metadata and/ or data management related undertakings either in IT or data organization
- Knowledge of financial industry and related products focused on investment banking or asset management
- Knowledge of data management architecture and data governance principles
- 3 years of experience in a Metadata/Enterprise Data Management team
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python or R
- Awareness of big data ecosystem such as HDFS and tech stack
- Keen to learn new technologies and apply to problem use cases
- Hands-on experience with Metadata tools such as Ab Initio, collibra and Informatica etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as power BI, OBIEE etc.
- Understanding and familiarity with Metadata Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts
- Functional knowledge and skills in database design and querying (SQL, Oracle Db)
- Ability to conduct / support working discussion in English and French
- Ability to think analytically and to think abstractly to form a problem statement
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural teams
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a variable workload
- Effectively conveys the message in both written and verbal business discussions
- Team player
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)