Do you want to be part of creating beauty that lasts for generations? Are you seeking a company that values Transparency, Ownership, Unity, Grit & Hustle? Do you crave being part of a TOUGH winning team in a growth-oriented environment?
AHF Products is a leader in innovative flooring products and solutions with a family of strong brands serving the residential and commercial markets. With decades of experience in award-winning wood flooring design, innovation, product development, manufacturing and service, we improve the quality of people’s lives through great products and a deep commitment to outstanding customer service. We are headquartered in Mountville, Pennsylvania with a global manufacturing footprint employing over 2250 people worldwide.
We believe that business is personal. With a deep rooted belief in the power of teamwork and trust, we consider our staff, customers and suppliers as true partners. We pledge to deliver reliable, consistent and best-in-class products, services and support. We look for people who aren’t afraid to act on ideas, commit the courage to drive successful outcomes and have fun along the way. If these ideals appeal to you, you are going to want to join our team!
We are currently seeking experienced, aggressive, high-energy, self-motivated sales professionals with proven track records of selling building product related solutions to develop new commercial and large contractor customers. In this commissioned – based role you will have direct impact on our growth and expansion plans, along with an equally significant impact to expand your own earning potential. You will be a key factor in taking our vision to the next level, leading our organization into new and undeveloped market segments and business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Southern California area- from Los Angeles south to San Diego. The sales region includes Southern California (south of Sacramento), Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.
- Responsible for uncovering new multi-million dollar opportunities for an assigned geographic region, cultivating new business opportunities through research, customer prospecting and closing the deal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with upper level management to establish direct sales, strategic territory plan, and additional market development within targeted geography and product verticals.
- Creates and implements Territory Development Plan.
- Creates indispensable, long-term, solution-focused consultative partnerships with customers, shaping the requirements and solutions required to meet their needs and advance our value proposition.
- Responsible for delivering profitable growth and driving sales to achieve and exceed budgeted targets with direct customers for Robbins branded flooring products.
- Sells AHF products and services by developing and interacting with new prospects at the enterprise level. Creates and builds influential selling relationships with key personnel.
- Understands the customer’s business including its organization, financial objectives, strategy, market position, as well as specific AHF related production capabilities, etc.
- Assesses the competitive environment for both the client (forces and factors facing their business and industry), as well as AHF Products in the particular selling situation.
- Assesses competitor’s strategy and neutralizes with a competitive counter strategy.
- Conducts strategic sales/manufacturing needs analysis individually or with a team.
- Communicates the impact of today’s actions on future opportunities.
- Develops business plans to maximize profitability.
- Interacts with AHF Operations and corporate staff to develop proposals, pricing and credit terms, with the goal of negotiating terms and long-term contracts with prospects.
- Manages relationships with newly landed clients, always looking for opportunities to grow business.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Manages expense at or below budgeted levels.
- Keeps abreast of technologies related to business objectives and industry specific trends. Contributes to the development of the company technology platform and best practices, sharing information and technical knowledge with others.
- Develops and maintains relationships throughout customers' organization, buyers, upper management, operations, logistics, store planning, advertising, store management, etc.
- Analyzes areas of opportunity; then develops tactics and implementation plan to deliver the results
- Effectively manages their assigned sales promotion, advertising, and expense budgets
- Responsible for coordination and communication between new customers and AHF support personnel in matters of Customer Financial Services, Advertising, Logistics, Information Systems, and Operations (Customer Service Center, Order Department, and Billing)
- Provides sales forecasts for anticipated volume to close, by category or key products to drive our manufacturing plan and inventories;
- Develops a broad and rich understanding of our products and program offerings in AHF.
- Develops an understanding of the numerous competitors' products and offers. This knowledge ranges from international to US manufactured products depending on the category and size of the competitor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 2 years consultative field sales experience (5 years preferred).
- Experience in the building products industry, preferably in flooring.
- Ability to apply market segment and competitive knowledge to set sales strategies and achieve revenue targets.
- Must possess strong communication (written and oral), organizational, and analytical skills. Willingness to travel greater than 50% of the time is a must.
- Communicate and effectively track all new business development opportunities and initiatives through CRM system
- Expected to influence people who make buying/selling decisions and have a positive influence on others’ behavior
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of business acumen; should come from an environment where an understanding of the business and its needs are required in order to determine and deliver business solutions.
- Evidence of being a problem solver, with a strong practical business sense and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial and business issues quickly and accurately
- Proven track record of being a top performer with outstanding results.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively manage multiple relationships and priorities.
- PC proficiency required.
- Valid US Driver's license.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SFDC; and proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AHF LLC, dba AHF Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
AHF Products is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is AHF’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of our non-discrimination policy, we AHF will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, (as defined in the ADA or applicable law), who has made us aware of his/her disability, and unless doing so would cause an undue hardship to the company as provided for under the ADA. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected] or call 855-AHF-2521 (855-243-2521).
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
AHF Products has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact AHF employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
AHF will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to AHF, including unsolicited resumes sent to an AHF mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to AHF employees, or to AHF’s resume database will be considered AHF property. AHF will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. AHF will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
AHF will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed AHF contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by AHF’s Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other AHF employee is authorized to bind AHF to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to AHF, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.