PURPOSEWork with our team in the coordination of operations to ensure delivery of Cabela’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Model and communicate the expectations, vision and values of the Company to all Outfitters in a professional and safe work environment.
Reporting to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, the Department Manager (Group Sales Manager, GSM) is accountable for growing the business and people within one or more specialized merchandise departments inside a Cabela’s retail location. The GSM will lead world class customer service and operational delivery by developing and engaging Outfitters daily in all facets of department operations including, but not limited to, merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in retail management with responsibility for customer service and operations.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications and data management including ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to read and analyze relevant reports and data.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand a variety of other financial, compliance, workplace safety and/or technical information.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, Outfitters, customers and the general public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to learn with various office technology and software applications which relate to a retail business.
- Ability to obtain a Possession and Acquisition License (P.A.L.)
- Experience in a related field or outdoor lifestyle.
- Knowledge of Cabela’s specific products is an asset.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered with hiring preference given to those with at least three years of merchandising experience.
- Supervise a team of 40-60 service Outfitters in partnership with the manager and other department Leads;
- Has “Manager on Duty” and supervisory responsibilities; including, but not limited to: opening and closing the store, ensuring high level of Outfitter engagement with customers, assigning tasks as needed, solving customer inquiries or concerns, and maintaining a positive and respectful work environment for all Outfitters, free of harassment and discrimination.
- Delegate tasks and work assignment to team members by giving clear and concise direction, and follow up to ensure proper execution;
- Pursue motivating, engaging, coaching, and creating a fun and supportive work environment for team members;
- Respond to and resolve customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope;
- Provide legendary customer service every time by listening to customer concerns and needs, researching and offering solutions, and adhering to company guidelines and policies;
- Promote Cabela’s programs to team members and customers, and lead the team to achieve assigned targets, goals, and metrics;
- Foster the growth and development of Outfitters by training POS transactions, SAP processes, applicable department standard operating procedures, and helping to coordinate the timely completion of online training for team members;
- Ensure team members follow all standard operating procedures and systems processes, following up to provide correction and guidance when needed;
- Perform administrative tasks related to the operation of the store;
- Process returns and other special orders such as holds and outdoor licensing;
- Assist with weekly and monthly auditing of licenses, holds, returns and gift cards;
- Maintain visual presentation standards including in-store signage, merchandise recovering/front facing, restocking, remerchandising, dusting, and vacuuming sales floor as needed;
Assist in other areas of the store when needed.
Cabela’s is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact the store and ask to speak to the Human Resources Department.
Auto req ID