Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems that deliver substantive business outcomes? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Are you familiar with security standard methodologies for applications, servers, and networks? Are you an authority with VMware or cloud technologies?
Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of a team to help clients solve their most complex IT problems: How do we run any application on any cloud, anywhere where, delivered on any device, anytime, programmatically and securely?
VMware is looking for a highly motivated Specialist Solutions Architect to help accelerate cloud adoption for customers who use VMware. This is an excellent opportunity to join VMware’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and forward-thinking technology companies anywhere.
VMware's Professional Services organization's focus on Application Modernization requires a unique set of skills and abilities to lead our pre-sales efforts in building TKG ( Tanzu Kubernetes Grid ) platforms. Our customers come from wide variety of industry verticals and have unique needs and requirements for their application modernization pursuits. Those initiatives begin with the right infrastructures which is where our CSAs lead.
As the Client Solutions Architect (CSA), you will provide technical leadership for the Americas Professional Services (PS) Organization for key strategic services opportunities and initiatives across diverse market segments.
Through collaborating, developing, reviewing and implementing pre-sales program specific technical strategies and solutions through executing Solution Scoping Workshops led by you with our most strategic customers. These workshops are intended to be your vehicle to gather requirements to help define a “To-Be” state / solution for your Customer. You will work closely with the Client Solutions Executive, Account License Sales Executives, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers, Solution Architects, PS Delivery Practices and members of Leadership team in developing complex and transformational technical strategies & solutions.
You will use Solutions Engineering / Architecture skills, knowledge of VMware’s and other Commercial Cloud solutions (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), and knowledge of business requirements to provide a tailored Professional Services solution that will help client’s reach defined IT and business objectives. Building a solution may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, guidance from the Account Team, working with specialists, and product managers. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will design the solution to realize the vision and associated levels of effort. Once design is accepted you will help support and lead the development of proposals, statements of work, and client interaction in support of the solution.
You will be acting as a lead pre-sales technologist and expected to have a broad understanding of technology. To be successful you will need domain level understanding across the following areas from a broad architecture standpoint:
Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security) Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC, DevOps, CI/CD, Java, UI, Spring, IDEs, SOA, micro services-based architecture)
*** This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close alignment with the account teams and lead assigned services sales and revenue targets.
- Use specialty expertise to penetrate the market segments and evangelize VMware solutions to customers on a partnership basis, or act as a dedicated resource to other strategic accounts
- Target and cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive level, purchasing and practitioner/developer level, by developing a core understanding of the business needs of the customer within their industry.
- Take a leadership role and accountability in working with multi-functional teams to develop winning proposals and submissions (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs).
- Conduct Solution Scoping Workshops with Customer Stakeholders to drive an understanding of the “As-Is” and through your experiences develop a “To-Be” architecture
- Document the results of Solution Scoping Workshops and effectively communicate a playback to the Customer
- Understand VMware’s customer IT environment and requirements and how to align VMware’s technical value proposition.
- Development of proposals and statements of work in conjunction with services and account sales personnel
- Participate in the identification, qualification and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline
- Collaborate with the license sales and pre-sales Solution Engineering and Solution Architecture teams, PS Sales organization, PS Delivery practices, and specialist sales and engineering teams throughout opportunities and in development stages
- Report revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to use follow-on business from one delivery project to another. Attend to major Project Milestones and executive Reviews.
- Be an authority in the field and a mentor/coach to other team members
- Lead and facilitate TKG/Tanzu-focused workshops aligning executives, management, engineers, and administrators around a common vision for the digital workspace and employee experience
- Maintain expertise in Kubernetes, application development cycle and TKG infrastructure specific knowledge areas including but not limited to: CI/CD, Kubernetes, application development, automation, Public/Private Cloud Architectures, Operations with a focus on change management, networking, and security
Maintain understanding of the wider VMware ecosystems and integrations into the Tanzu portfolio with a focus on security, infrastructure and transformation services: VMware Cloud Foundation, NSX, Carbon Black and AVI Networks.
- 10+ successful selling, delivery or project management of complex consulting solution in the areas of data center consulting operations, cloud services, software applications or systems integration.
- 10+ years as a Consulting sales or integration professional in the technology space, with focused experience selling into major accounts.
- Knowledge in systems integration with emphasis on virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center, cloud, and Kubernetes technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in closing large opportunities
- Experience in leading a regional sales territory, to include evangelizing a disruptive technology, prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base.
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals.
- Be a daring self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Has excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers to select and implement virtualization and mobility solutions
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field highly desired; related experience considered in lieu of formal technical training
- Technical mastery in Application development
Understand the VMware ITVM Application and Cloud Modernization Framework model and be able to lead customer workshops to show how the capabilities can solve our customers IT challenges and aligned to business initiatives.
- Advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies (e.g., AWS)
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Knowledge of application, management, virtualization, As-a-Service and orchestration software layers is a plus
- VMware Certs: Ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Other 3rd party Certifications that demonstrate technical domain knowledge (Red Hat Openshift, Cloudfoundry, AWS, etc.)
- Experience of large scale application migration projects and application automation technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge of the wider Kubernetes ecosystem, i.e. AWS, Openshift, etc.
- Experience of architecting Cloud ecosystems such AWS and Azure and knowledge of features that could be utilized in a TKG engagement e.g. NSX, AVI,
- Experience of working with large customers, SISO’s and co-vendor lead opportunities
- Advanced certifications (Examples include: ITIL, CISSP, VCDX) preferred.
AmericasPS referral campaign
VMware is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms. If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Services Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.