JOB TYPE: Hourly, On-call - we will call you when there is an event.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS: Server, Captain, Porter - wage will vary by experience and position.
REPORTS TO: Event Sales Manager, F&B Manager
DECK. is the heart of Queen Kapi‘olani Hotels culinary offerings. It’s an Island destination unto itself at the crossroads of contemporary service, flavors and a legacy of happy island legend. Destines to be the new “spot” to see and be seen, DECK. presents Hawaiian food in a shareable style, featuring a variety of grilled meat and seafood dishes accompanied by a beverage program composed of an energetic mix of craft cocktails inspired by the classics but with a DECK. twist. DECK. also offers up tremendous views perfect for private dining and events. Anything from weddings, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners or office luncheons, DECK. has you covered with modern ballroom or outdoor seating.
Work as a team to ensure smooth operation so that all guests have the highest quality event and dining experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages
- Maintain knowledge of current food/drink choices, specialties, origin, taste and preparation methods.
- Serve food courses appropriately and alcoholic beverages to guests, answer questions on menu selections
- Detail tables throughout , ensuring proper placement of napkins, utensils, and condiments are appropriately ready
- Clear and reset table at the end of each course
- Responsible for communicating guest orders, including any special needs or requests (allergies)
- Communicate regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability
- Monitor and observe guests experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Thanks guests’ and kindly invites them back for future events
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Be ready and willing to assist with clearing and resetting tables
- Complete assigned side duties, to accommodate business needs
- Clean and organizes side stations and surrounding areas as necessary
- Maintain positive and effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation as directed by the manager or immediate supervisor
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description may be changed at any time
- Minimum 2 years experience in events service.
- 4 or 5 star dining background, knowledge and ability to implement such service standards
- High School diploma
- Valid Hawaii Food Handler’s Card
- Valid and Cleared TB Test
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Basic math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, kitchen staff, and team members)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Guest service oriented and possesses commitment to quality service
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Constant walking with some standing
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; at times in an outdoor patio setting with shade covers and heaters when needed
- Will be utilizing POS system regularly
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- The work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (Required)
- One location