40% - Business/Finance: This position works to maintain a profitable yearly budget, an acceptable rate of return on sales after incentive compensation, and a healthy cash flow.
30% - Sales: This position is responsible for the overall activities of the branch to continually and simultaneously serve the customers within the principles of Satellite in an extraordinary manner so that Satellite’s name and reputation will continue to flourish.
30% - Personnel Development: This position is responsible for investing time and money in personnel development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering and managing the Profits and Loss (P&L) results for branch.
- Ensures that the yearly budget is created and maintained in a timely fashion
- Meets or exceeds pre-tax profit plan
- Manages expense to plan or business level
- Meets or exceeds Net Service Fleet Expense (NSFE)
- Ensures the market-based pricing for rentals and sales are maintained
- Manages assets and new capital dollars in assigned region to deliver the desired ROI for branch.
- Meets and exceeds utilization plan
- Meets and exceeds quality standards
- Meets “ready to go” targets
- Through the Operations Manager, manages rental fleet cleaning, repair, delivery, service calls, and onsite installation services.
- Assists in the development of annual sales forecasts, expense plans, and capital budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitors competition and works to enforce effective business strategies
- Builds Satellite brand in market area
- Meets or exceeds sales and rental targets
- Directs, trains, and manages all branch Sales Representatives
- Develops and executes sales and marketing plans
- Monitors projects and programs after implementation and recommends corrective action as appropriate
- Performs other duties as required
- Hires, coaches, trains, and develops sales, operations, and administrative Staff
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Ensures personnel have all tools required to perform their jobs satisfactorily including approved plans, a detailed budget, etc.
- Personally inspects jobs to assess the progress on jobs and the game plan that personnel are employing to achieve the objectives.
- Leads branch employees in implementing strategies to achieve success
- With the assistance of the Operations manager, this position ensures all branch personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents.
- Monitors the hiring of personnel to ensure that only individuals who follow safe working practices and will commit to following safety procedures are employed.
- Ensures that employees have the knowledge and training to follow all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all employees understand the mission and overall company objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives to build a stable and profitable branch.
- Ensure that each department continuously reinforces respectful communication and ensures that all conflicting objectives are resolved.
- Monitors the gains sharing program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The branch manager directs subordinate supervisors who supervise employees. In addition to this, the Branch Manager supervises all sales and administrative staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- The position requires a Bachelors’ Degree and 5+ years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in business administration preferred
- Proven leadership and managerial skills.
- Experience recruiting and developing employees.
- Experience with accountability for P&L performance.
- Demonstrated successful personal sales experience.
- A strong desire to build a successful business.
- Experience in a rental or leasing business with repeat customers desired.
- Manage assets in $15-20mm plus range
- Manage revenue in the $10mm plus range
- Skill in conducting and documenting inquiries, investigations, audits and reviews
- Proven financial management abilities
- Demonstrated performance management skills
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Results Driven
- Technical capacity
- Strong customer client focus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong Interpersonal communications and counseling skills
- Schedule flexibility to respond to emergency situations
Position requires a high degree of concentration to manage frequent interruptions while meeting strict deadlines. This position requires the ability to perform duties using both typical office equipment such as computers, cell phones, and printers as well as the ability to communicate and perform tasks in a construction/workshop environment. Must be able to perform physical and mental tasks associated within a construction environment.
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position is classified as a safety sensitive position and, as such, is subject to random drug screenings per the Policy Substance Abuse and Drug Free Workplace.