A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Business Category Director manages the evolving Operation processes, suppliers, and team skills to support current and future business needs determined through cross-functional collaborations. Specifically, providing leadership to domestic and international teams to ensure the products produced through international contract manufactures meet quality, performance, and business needs of the organization. Additionally, this role proactively examines Operations practices and philosophies to ensure efforts represent those consistent with high volume consumer electronics and electromechanical device manufacture. While at the same time working to improve bottom line performance and business growth.
Apply project management leadership skills to enhance product offering and business pipeline by effectively executing programs and responding to customer needs. Designs, develops and implements supply chain solutions in support of company initiatives. Strategic product supplier sourcing, procurement activities and negotiations with domestic and international suppliers. Ability to build strong synergies across the different functions of the organization and lead overall solution development as the key interface with engineering, operations, marketing and other internal resources to align deliverables throughout the project life cycle. Leads new product development initiatives. Provides supply chain recommendations and improvements by evaluating the customer supply chain network, providing fact based analysis, effective contract negotiations and applying knowledge of transportation methods.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Understands current and future business needs and proactively develop plans to adjust Operation team’s skills and resources to meet these needs.
- Proactively evaluates Operation team’s processes and partners to match industry standards for manufacturing and sourcing needs of high-volume consumer electronics and electromechanical device production.
- Provides and applies strong commercial acumen to all aspects of the business to exceed our customer and consumer expectations (product performance, delivery and price)
- Provides overall direction and support to all cross functional managers and the Asian engineering team
- Leads new product development to meet/exceed business goals
- Manages material/supplier cost reduction programs for strategic suppliers
- Directs the account management of designated strategic suppliers (includes development and implementation of Company Procurement Agreements)
- Develops and prepares detailed contract analyses and negotiation plans for use with strategic suppliers
- Formally assesses, on an at least twice annual basis, assigned strategic supplier’s continuing ability to deliver high quality product for fair price. Assessment to include trend analysis of major performance and business indicators
- Using Early Purchasing Involvement (EPI), directly participates in projects for all capital equipment and service acquisitions, to include: sourcing, negotiation, contract development, supplier liaison & purchase order placement
- Leads sourcing activities in conjunction with the China Operations staff
- Assists the VP of Operations in assessing and developing Company strategy and operations for non-U.S. sourcing of detailed parts and finished goods
- Supports operation staff on the set-up & implementation of non-standard supply systems (i.e.; Kanban, consignment programs, etc.)
- Performs market trend analysis and tracks leading indicators
- Researches and sources new technology
- Supports quality improvement efforts
- Manages implementation of engineering changes and/or new product start-up by strategic suppliers
- Conducts other executive staff-level strategic projects, as assigned
- Provides project support to plant site operations/materials management leadership
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Advanced contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write Requests-for-Proposals (RFPs), Statements-of-Work (SOWs), contracts and purchase order terms & conditions
- Professional level writing skills for preparation of executive summaries and reports
- Project and team management skills
- Advanced analytical and abstract thinking skills
Education and Experience
- A four-year college degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, with a master’s degree desired.
- In lieu of a Mechanical Engineering degree, mechanical engineering-related experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of new product development and purchasing practices, material requirements planning, finance, cost accounting and production.
- Experience managing high-volume electronic assembly fabrication and electrical component sourcing is ideal.
- Experience managing contract manufacturers of electromechanical devices.
- Basic understanding of printed circuit board manufacture and the regulatory certification process – UL, TUV, CQC (US, Europe, China) is desirable.
- Extensive work experience in China and/or Asia highly desirable.
- 15 years senior level purchasing, operations or materials experience
- 10 years of experience with non-US Sourcing and major out-sourcing
- 10 years of Project Manager experience
- Certification Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS CPIM is desired.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Heavy domestic and international travel (approximately 20% - 35%) is required
Reporting Relationship: VP of Operations
Supervisory Duties: Supervises various Project Managers, Engineers and the China Operations team.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $131,600 – 197,400 Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/