VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that aim to enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers, to thrive in the Cloud Era. We strive to be a leading pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow, today.
This role will sit in VMware’s Security Business Unit, VMware Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection, dedicated to the mission of keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight, and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
As part of a highly collaborative sales team, the Solutions Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to demonstrate product capability, instill product confidence, and effectively communicate the power of VMware Carbon Black solutions. A majority of time will be spent delivering product demonstrations to remote prospective clients as a means to illustrate how VMware Carbon Black’s solutions provide direct value to their business and technical requirements.
- Evangelize and demonstrate VMware Carbon Black’s products through presentations and product demos
- Lead prospects through pre-sale evaluation process of VMware Carbon Black product platform
- Build and maintain prospect relationship throughout pre-sales evaluation process
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to service delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving standard methodologies for Sales Engineering activities
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of prospect health and opportunity status (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Problem solving proficiency
- Ability to efficiently learn, and apply, new concepts around technology solutions
- Ability to present to technical audiences of varying skill level
- Prior experience in objection handling scenarios within a technical conversation / presentation format is a plus
- Ability to effectively, and quickly, assess client/prospect needs
- Willingness to learn technology through hands-on practicals
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Dedication to quality work; attention to detail, and ownership of project deliverables in a timely manner
- Technical degree from four year college (or equivalent)
- Proven problem solving expertise
- Industry experience (2-4 years of experience) with technical experience gained through recent security-related employment
- Experience within endpoint and server security
- Foundational knowledge of deployment tools and deployment of software
- Experience with APIs, Python, or other languages
- Experience with a wide array of operating systems; Windows, Mac, or Linux (various flavors)
- Knowledge of configuration and management tools within the noted operating systems
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.