*Open to remote candidates*
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making solutions “fly off the shelf.” This role is the glue that binds our go-to-market strategy to the tactics we need to drive success and achieve results in sales and marketing.
You will take an audience-centric approach to understanding the market, crafting the message, and enabling the messengers. You know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You speak the language of value and are laser-focused on business outcomes. You also know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand, and our product management colleagues to fine tune product market fit. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. You must love meeting new people – either in person or over the phone – and have an ability to guide conversations to get usable insights.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, how they attribute value, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then enable our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Develop competitive strategies and support the maintenance of up-to-date information.
- Grow the business by creating and championing plans that increase our market share in your assigned target market and working cross-functionally to execute. Work closely with product management to influence the product roadmap to fine tune product-market-fit.
- Coordinate the launch of new offerings into your assigned segment.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Collaborate with sales enablement and others to create compelling demos and pitch decks to ensure that we connect the value of our offerings to the problems our buyers face.
- Support go-to-market, pricing and packaging strategy with market evidence.
- Influence the development of marketing plans for the audiences you support.
- Understand and support our sales and customer success teams; enable sellers and CSMs to understand the problems we solve for our buyers; partner with the sales training team to develop internal tools and with marketing communications to develop external collateral.
Measures of Success:
- Success is measured qualitatively by how well your stakeholders are enabled by knowledge and strategies you produce.
- Success is measured quantitatively by our growth rate in your assigned segment.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS: *
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Empathy, humility, curiosity and business acumen.
- 3+ years of product marketing experience with at least 1 year of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research) for a B2B SaaS provider
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; MBA preferred.
- A strong public speaker – comfortable in front of large, senior groups – and a solid writer.
- Able and content to work independently and cross-functionally.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceuticals.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) II or higher.
- Experience in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Travel up to 15%.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: *
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, and RRSPS saving plans generous PTO, and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time