EnergyHub's sales team seeks a dynamic Solutions Engineer with strong analytical and communication skills, technical knowledge of software development and delivery, and passion for the clean energy field. The Solutions Engineer will play a critical role at the intersection of EnergyHub's sales, product, and program delivery teams, combining market insights with knowledge of EnergyHub's technology to develop compelling client solutions.
For the right candidate, this role represents the ideal cleantech residency. You will become an expert in the evolving world of distributed energy resources (DERs), combining technical and business acumen to design solutions involving the dynamic control of electric vehicle charging, smart thermostats, stationary batteries, and other connected devices to deliver value to utility clients. You will also hone client-facing sales skills while serving as the liaison to your colleagues in product, business development, and program delivery - ensuring the development of cross-functional knowledge and expertise.
In short - you'll be a go-to resource internally with the ability to represent the complete picture of EnergyHub to the market, playing a central role in EnergyHub's growth and success.
- Develop expertise in the utility market and DER landscape
- Become a technical authority on all aspects of EnergyHub's software platform
- Evangelize EnergyHub's value to clients and prospects, including delivery of amazing software demos
- Assess customer business requirements and key pain points, and work closely with the product team to design solutions that deliver compelling ROI
- Work closely with EnergyHub's product and marketing teams to ensure that EnergyHub is delivering the right message to the market and incorporating customer feedback into positioning and the product roadmap
- Serve as the technical expert across all facets of the sales process, from initial discovery and product evaluation to the final contract negotiation
- Coordinate responses to client security assessments and inform the engineering team of prevalent IT and data security requirements in the market
- Play a key role in the RFP process, coordinating input from internal teams, writing compelling proposal content, and leading the solution design
- Manage development of statements of work and coordinate post-close handoff to the program delivery team for project implementation
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience in technical or management consulting, enterprise software product management or sales, or related analytical fields
- Experience developing compelling business cases
- Energy industry experience a big plus, particularly demand side management
- Exceptional communication, project management, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong interest in how technology is changing the way we use and view energy
- Ability to travel 20% to 40% of the time, post COVID-19 pandemic (we are still working remotely at this time)
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.