Job Title: Inside Sales/Commercial Showroom Sales Manager
Department: Commercial Business
Reports To: General Manager, Market BDM & CSM
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
About Westlake Ace Hardware
Ace Retail Holdings, the division of Ace Hardware Corporation that owns and operates the Westlake Ace Hardware chain, is one of the largest hardware retailers in the United States. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates over 150 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry, and we are looking for individuals who strive for personal and professional growth, and who want to work with a company founded on (and still led by) our solid Core Values of:
Service, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence
General Job Summary
The successful Inside Sales Commercial Showroom Manager will make calls to and otherwise connect with new and existing commercial customers inside and outside the showroom facility located within a specified area of the retail store that is designed, merchandised and signed to appeal to our Commercial Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Growth and Account Development
- Use Westlake’s reporting of sales and customer data to identify and target specific customers who represent opportunity for sales growth which are already buying from or are likely to buy from the store location you service.
- Use our internal data and reporting as a resource to prioritize focus customers you will use the telephone and email to call on and prospect to new and existing business customers.
- Introduce, promote and advocate the Westlake Commercial website to customers who may find it helpful as an ordering/purchasing tool.
- Partner with the local Business Development Manager (BDM) and other Westlake Commercial Sales team members to hand off leads and sales opportunities to the appropriate parties who can follow up with those customers in person.
- Use your consultative sales skills to connect with customers and make sales of our products to them.
- Provide positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Engage customers inside the store and make use of telephone and email with your interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Make and close sales to commercial customers inside the showroom.
- Ring up sales using the commercial showroom POS.
- Merchandise, order and stock product which is in demand by our commercial customers.
- Make product stocking recommendations based on communications with commercial customers regarding their current and future needs.
- Apply general product knowledge to discuss the needs of a wide variety of commercial customer types.
- Source and locate product within our stable of vendors or go outside in partnership with the Commercial Sourcing Manager to order in and maintain stock of items that are in demand.
- Communicate with store associates regarding business customer purchasing habits and frequencies.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
- SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
- PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
- RESPECT – The humble appreciation that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a stronger and better company and that every person is unique and valued.
- INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
- TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
- EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as being comfortable talking with internal and external customers.
- Solid understanding of retail operations, inventory management, relationship sales skills, and business fundamentals.
- Refined interpersonal skills to engage with others, solid negotiating and conflict resolutions abilities.
- Able to foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to motivate others both internally and externally to perform enthusiastically.
- Must have excellent follow through habits and professionalism along with excellent communication capabilities including written and verbal presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Operating Systems.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location