Are you our next Membership Consultant?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking for Membership Consultants to join our growing team. The Membership Consultant is responsible for reaching and exceeding membership sales goals. In the bigger picture, the Membership Consultant forms long term relationships with our members, driving retention, customer service and, of course, referrals!
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and personal connections. We achieve this through innovative programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are motivated and have a strong work ethic to build the business the right way.
- Are never satisfied with the status quo and embrace stretch goals.
- Possess solid sales and closing skills.
- Have a strong desire to be part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are accustomed to pressure in meeting quotas or targets.
- Have an affinity for building relationships.
- Are responsive, organized, and have strong listening skills.
More about this role:
The Membership Consultant’s primary responsibility is to sell memberships and build their business to achieve personal and club sales and net member gain goals. Additional responsibilities include servicing the member after enrollment with the objective to improve the member experience. This would include setting a Fitness Orientations to ensure fitness engagement and checking in with them regularly to ensure they are accomplishing their fitness goals. The Membership Consultant will consistently participate in business building activities such as call drives, outreach and in-club referral producing activities. The Membership Consultant role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create a TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of life. We build positive relationships and sustain the organization’s culture by interacting with the highest level of integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our brand.
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the Clubhouse Rules.
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Bringing a positive attitude that will cultivate a productive and professional environment.
- Partnering with all departments to ensure high levels of customer service and a consistently clean club.
- Be punctual and arrive ready to work for your scheduled shift.
- Be proactive with an energetic work pace.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Being responsive to member feedback and complaints by notifying club management team and working towards timely resolution.
- Constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency.
- Determining prospect’s goals and motivation through a thorough Needs Analysis.
- Being knowledgeable of all products and programs and building value in TSI’s services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the member, employee and business categories of the organization; actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both members and employees.
- Actively engage in MC Production Meeting and Team Meeting on a daily basis.
- Complete Daily Action Plan at the beginning of each shift.
- Minimum 125 outgoing calls (dials) per day.
- Generate a minimum of 15 new contacts, 4 appointments and 2 sales per day.
- Actively use current CRM to ensure effective lead tracking.
- Maintain a 60% Fitness Orientation booking rate at POS.
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle rejection without allowing you it to affect your next opportunity.
- Ability to proficiently use our POS, membership, CRM systems, timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Positive engaging personality and rapport builder.
- Passion for fitness.
- Team player with a competitive nature.
- Strong work ethic.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting (e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.
This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is subject to changes based on the needs of the business. Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory. TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January or September.