Who is Parlay?
We’re the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) created by and for the gaming industry. We help casino operators save time, save money, delight guests and care for their employees by achieving supply chain savings and other benefits. We help suppliers develop meaningful relationships with casinos, faster and more profitably than they otherwise could in our dynamic and fragmented industry. What makes Parlay different is our exclusive focus on the gaming industry, the superior solutions we offer for casinos, and a free and flexible model to reduce risk and accelerate results. Parlay Solutions is a joint venture between Foodbuy, the procurement experts of foodservice giant Compass Group, and Caesars Entertainment, the world’s most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. We’re an entrepreneurial venture backed by industry leaders, and we’re committed to winning together.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment. We help gaming and hospitality operators create meaningful life moments for millions of people every day, and we need great people on our team.
The primary duty of this customer facing position is to cultivate impactful customer relationships, identify business opportunities within existing accounts, provide business consultation, and drive revenue by delivering on customer and company business objectives while driving compliance and conversion opportunities.
***REMOTE work location. This position can be worked anywhere in the United States but must be willing to travel 30-50%. ***
- Understand customer strategy, key goals, and objectives to develop effective joint business plans, activities, and goals
- Conduct regular customer business reviews to ensure alignment, document value, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management of managed accounts including account profitability, budget management, tracking and reporting and billing
- Find and implement customer opportunities for supply cost reduction, rebate growth, quality and safety improvements, improved environmental sustainability, and expanded use of local and diversity vendors
- Utilize support tools to identify opportunities to increase program participation
- Visit each client frequently to review product adoption, showcase new or upcoming programs, and align on mutual goals (travel requirements subject to COVID limitations)
- Manage all aspects of customer contract requirements, utilizing project management planning tools
- Complete ownership, accountability and understanding specific to member’s model
- Fully understand customer’s needs, financial objectives, and food philosophy as to best tailor and align potential opportunities
- Continually strive to seek out opportunities to improve the overall profitability and success of the business by leveraging market, customer, and financial expertise
- Participate in customer agreement renewal RFPs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within managed accounts to enhance business opportunities
- Become a trusted advisor for customers by developing expertise in company programs and the unique needs of assigned customer segment
- Facilitate cross functional activities to help ensure customer satisfaction and increase program participation growth
- Create clear and concise written materials and presentations (e.g., strategic account plans, executive business reviews)
- Provide training and support to customers utilizing company technology and reporting platforms
- Provide input to client and Parlay and Foodbuy management for development of purchasing initiatives
- Drive compliance and conversion opportunities into the business
- Communicate scorecard results and prepare action plans for improvement
- Advise leadership on strategies to achieve purchasing compliance goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5+ years’ experience in account management or customer success
- Bachelor’s degree strongly recommended or equivalent work experience
- Channel specific experience a plus
- Strong understanding of supply chain procurement
- A strong understanding of the financial, commercial, technological and social aspects of business and value chain and how it relates to the competitive environment
- Ability to build effective long-term interpersonal relationships proactively across functions both within the organization and external parties (including senior level executives), working with others towards mutually acceptable solutions
- Proven ability to engage others and handle interactions with individuals or groups to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes win-win solutions and mutual goals or interests
- Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organization, time management, and project management skills; ability to prioritize
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications is required
- Strong presentation and influencing skills with an ability to liaise at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to draw conclusions and insights from large and small data sets, quickly and accurately
- Ability to achieve results: be action-oriented and possess tenacity; demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work independently to create value
- Ability to travel 30%+ subject to COVID limitations
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 633510