Kilpatrick Townsend a large international law firm, is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Litigation Department in our Atlanta office. This position will be part of our team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients. At Kilpatrick Townsend, we are one team where each person plays an integral role in serving the needs of our clients. The firm has a strong dedication to its employees, values, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and commitment to the community.
This position is responsible for supporting Litigation Department attorneys with their marketing and business development needs. This individual works with practice group team leaders to develop existing and new opportunities to solidify client relationships and increase revenue. This position is also directly familiar with the full array of services and resources the firm has to offer and supports the rapid development of opportunities and completion of related activities, thereby decreasing the firm’s sales cycle time, improving attorney use of non-billable time, and enhancing the visibility of the firm in the market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with attorney(s), develop target selection, and execute strategies and action plans that will expand legal services and grow revenues from existing and new clients. Includes active support through Client Attorney Teams.
- Develop and help manage the Litigation Department’s annual practice development budget, ensuring that all critical initiatives are identified and estimated with a high degree of accuracy. This includes assisting firm leadership with an understanding of return on investment related to requests for Marketing and Business Development expenditures.
- Work with Team Leaders to develop and implement team plans. Assist with the development of monthly team meeting agendas and facilitate regular team meetings.
- Support the planning, execution and, client-related follow-up of marketing events such as CLEs or sponsorships, including the use and maintenance of firm technology platforms including CRM databases and proposal management systems.
- Collaborate with other Marketing Department members to develop firm marketing materials such as brochures and collateral materials. Create responses to RFPs and presentations as they relate to specific opportunity pursuits and/or general practice information.
- Work with Director of BD, Team Leaders, and Professional Development staff to provide one-on-one coaching and business development support to selected new partners.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business development with a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Coaching or internal consulting experience is highly desired.
- A track record of successful business development is preferred.
- Experience working with practice group team leaders in developing existing and new opportunities to solidify client relationships and increase revenue.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and persuasive skills.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office, CRM systems, document management systems, etc.
- Must be hands-on and be prepared to be extremely involved in the day-to-day details of the team(s) and attorney(s) to which s/he is assigned.
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a highly collaborative, matrix environment.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts at all levels and be able to react to difficult situations appropriately.
- Able to develop effective relationships and influence the activity of others.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Willingness to travel and meet one-on-one with attorneys and key stakeholders.
This is a full-time, regular position with generous benefits. Selected applicants will be contacted. Kilpatrick Townsend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.kilpatricktownsend.com.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.