Are you interested in helping local businesses succeed? The Sales Coordinator is a key member of our sales team, supporting Lamar account executives throughout the sales process. Together, this team is responsible for driving sales for Lamar and delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our Lamar office in Little Rock, Arkansas is now hiring a new sales team member to help us bring effective outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Little Rock, AR and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly rate for this position starts at $17 / hour.
The purpose of the position is to perform a range of administrative functions that occur up to the contracting phase of the sales cycle. In addition, there may be other tasks assigned by Account Executives, Sales Manager, and/or General Managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting new customers leads for the sales team.
- Prepares sales presentations and proposals.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information by clarifying customer request; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
- Coordinates and enters requests for charting or assists with the charting function
- Coordinates and enters request for conceptual (sample) art for the AE’s.
- Maintains customer database or CRM by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing reports.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses; forwarding for reimbursement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other sales and marketing job related duties as assigned by the General Manager and Sales Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail applications
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to timely and accurately enter and compile data
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of common public relations practices
- Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented work
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative
- Problem solving
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience, preferably in sales, marketing, or administrative roles
- Experience in data management and Gmail preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is an office.
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting less than 25% of the time, reading, color distinction, acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
- The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending nights away from home is less than 10%
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.