Atara seeks an Sr. Manager IT for Manufacturing systems to provide Technical leadership and be the IT Manufacturing point of contact for Atara Manufacturing Organization. This role will design, develop and manage all cross-functional deliverables and stakeholder commitments required to support and maintain the IT Manufacturing systems like Werum, Bartender, OsiPi, Discoverant, and automated CGT equipment vendors. This role will define and deliver Atara IT Manufacturing technology roadmap, implement and evolve system SDLC, provide technical support, establish IT support model and ensure the delivery of IT capabilities.
Reports to Sr. Director IT, Corporate and Tech Ops Manufacturing Functions
Work Location Thousand Oaks, CA
Travel Up to 20%
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Senior Director, IT the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities include variations, but are not limited to the items below, depending upon the Business need.
- Responsible for strategy, planning and delivery of all IT systems required to support Atara Manufacturing team.
- Align IT Manufacturing technology roadmap with Manufacturing strategy, information security, GxP compliance requirements and enterprise IT architecture.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to the organization and customers, and mapping customer requirements to software capabilities of IT systems ensuring optimal technical implementation.
- Lead IT application vendors to ensure effective execution of the projects and services holding them accountable to project scope, support and patches deployments.
- System Lifecycle Management of Manufacturing application systems and interfaces.
- Develop and manage portfolio of Manufacturing IT projects.
- Support IT project estimates/proposals and lead internal continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead the development of Service Agreements, Maintenance Agreements, Operating level agreements to enable end to end IT support delivery.
- Lead employees and contractors to deliver multiple technical initiatives.
- Participate heavily in requirements collection and definition phase and lead the design of high-level solutions and provide necessary business context into technical design discussions while working within defined enterprise architecture and platform standards in collaboration with Automation team.
- Provide support for technical implementation activities during functional requirements and design, cost and timeline estimation, and assist in the management and communication to Kite’s stakeholders.
- Provide innovative solutions for the customer by leveraging the full capability of the MES system.
- Manages and provides direction for the application team in support of Tech Ops Manufacturing functions’ business operations.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers, business analysts and programmers working on application/data analytics project teams.
- Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Prepare, establish, and monitor team and project budgets.
- Work with business owners to formulate and conduct training sessions and teaching materials for propagating enterprise applications knowledge throughout the organization as appropriate.
- Recommend, schedules, and performs software improvements, patches, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Perform IS application administration tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, CS, Business Process Management or related discipline or equivalent number of years of work experience.
- Have a minimum of 8 years of technical knowledge and 5 years of IT leadership experience in related field.
- Technical mastery and knowledge of the relevant industry.
- Implementation and support experience with Werum MES, and/or OsiPi/Discoverant is required.
- Strong understanding of concepts of and hands on experience in MES systems architecture, installation and version management.
- Good understanding of RDBMS database and solutions, virtualization and high availability for distributed systems.
- Experience on GxP applications (and good Documentation Practices) and working in SOX audited environments is a plus.
- Ability to support mission-critical business solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing Incident, Problem Change, Version, Release, Configuration, Continuity management for mission critical manufacturing systems at a scale.
- Track record working in a fast paced, highly iterative environment.
- Should be able to communicate complex solutions and value in business terms. Verbal communication skills are critical and ability to adapt and learn to changing business environment and domains is a must.
- Experience in Life Sciences is preferred.
- Experience leading ITIL and/or DevOps practice at a large regulated company is preferred.
- Role model for Atara TRAIT values (Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Trust).
We’re proud of our team of 425+ Atarians co-located by design in 4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility.
Our mission – “Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.”
Our vision - “T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any time.”
Atara offers a competitive benefits packages that includes medical/dental/vision benefits, life and disability, retirement and stock program, as well as a generous paid time off and wellness plan that supports the well-being of our staff. Visit www.atarabio.com/careers to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws or because of the individual’s association with a member of a protected group or connection to an organization or group related to a protected group.
We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Atara Bio in the United States.