National Merchants Association (NMA) is America's only merchant advocacy group working for business owners to eliminate the unnecessary and unreasonable fees that some credit card processors charge. National Merchants Association is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronic payments industry.
The work environment at National Merchants Association is built around the belief of growth beyond boundaries. You'll feel good about coming to work, and the contributions you make to our clients, fellow employees, local community and the company. We believe in helping employees do more with more… More open communication. More teamwork. More challenges.
This position will focus on the low-risk side of payment card processing. The Merchant Sales Representative is primarily responsible for contacting warm lead prior NMA business owners over the phone and presenting effective and efficient value-added programs. This role includes helping prospects resign up and submit their processing applications with NMA. The Low Risk Merchant Sales Representatives will also field inbound calls from current or future clients to answer questions, explain policies and forms, account questions, etc. Note: the leads are provided of the existing clientele who processed with NMA.
- Attend local Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce social events to network on behalf of NMA
- Effectively sell the company brand to prospective local business owners
- Calling prospects that are generated by external lead sources
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process
- Make outbound follow-up calls or other types of communications in order to confirm appointments for the independent agents
- Make multiple calls per day and set up appointments
- Proven ability to show initiative and be a self-starter
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to execute strategies and get results while meeting critical deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a goal-oriented environment
- Ability to overcome objections and keep the client onboard
Required Education and Experience
- College degree preferred; not required
- 1+ Year Telemarketing/Inside Sales Experience
- 1+ Year Work Experience in office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office is located in Summerlin, NV.
**Remote work not available for this position**
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of National Merchants Association to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, National Merchants Association will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions._
Job Type: Full-time