Primary responsibility will be to sell Caterpillar Parts, Service and Insurance Product Sales to drive the enhancement of customer service satisfaction, maintain & build our customer base, provide professional service standards for business follow up, acquire subsequent service lead generation, & provide timely quotations to leverage increased financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned or changed based upon managements needs.
- Working directly with service supervisors, technicians, and Coordinators for the purpose of identifying turn around timeline requirements, leveraging additional up sell opportunities, driving the sale, & scheduling of repairs & pm’s; while promoting customer satisfaction through a highly informed customer to create future loyalty.
- Review all written reports & photographic documentation to ensure a solid quotation. You will employ methods such as; expert quote assistance, job walks, delegation of quoting a specific scope of work through an internal or external vendor in order to provide a fully documented parts list & service execution plan prior scheduled event.
- Provide influence to customer for all service technician recommendations reported by a Technicians, managing representative, or as a result of being reported under a CSA inspection or service event.
- Promote up sell opportunities for Advanced Electrical Services (Engineering Services) bundled into CSA’s contracts
- Solicits opportunities for private or government bid packages
- Identify & pursue additional business opportunities by creating new or utilizing existing exception reports such as; new customer account number report, inactive CSA’s, expiring ESC’s, expiring factory warranty, PIP & Safety letter completion report, DBS equipment population list, IMACS new product sales list.
- Investigate/resolve customer service issues communicated by the customer when assigned by management.
- Interface as service liaison between customers, service technicians, supervisors, & sales representatives to culminate a team effort.
- Work with technical quoter(s), management, & expert company resources to ensure quotes are accurate in materials, labor, and support requirements as requested for assured profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a close positive working relationships, open communication, & personal accountability with all associates; to include, sales, service, parts, engineering, vendors, and all support departments.
- Maintain & strive to enhance your professional knowledge of new products, parts, & services, through personal engagement within manager assigned training lessons or individually selected courses performed online under the factory sponsored Dealer Performance Center (DPC).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual possess background knowledge of the Caterpillar and or competitor product lines within the commercial engine market. Position requires the ability to learn & perform Caterpillar dealer business operations within the Dealer Business System (DBS), TMI, Caterpillar (CWS), Saleslink, & IMACS. Soft skills proficiency within: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Internet applications. Maintain the ability to manage, organize, plan, and delegate specific courses of action through until completion to achieve assigned objectives and business unit mandates. Individual demonstrates well-written and verbal communication skills, has a high school diploma or equivalent as required. Candidate should possess management deemed comparable business experience, technical trade certification, or a professional degree would be a plus. One must maintain a valid California driver’s license in good standing. Need a self-starter with strong communication, organization, customer service, & PC soft skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Work Location: One location